Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Alarm strangeness, maybe stereo related?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Perfmr2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Alarm strangeness, maybe stereo related?

Hi guys n gals,

Ive recently fitted a Sony DAB single din into my 2006 Focus 1.6 Zetec.
Couple of times yesterday, the alarm sounded for a minute or so, and the hazards flashed for several minutes. The car is unlocking and locking as normal, and Im getting the two flashes when dead locking, so dont think its a sensor.

Im a ex sound off installer, so know the HU in fitted correctly (Ive double checked just to make sure). Ive got the autoleads harness adapter installed, which gives power switched and constant, earth & auto aerial to the HU (Dab antenna is powered by the auto aerial wire).

My question is, do any of the four redundant wires that go into the original plug need to be connected because of some sort of modern over the top connection hoo har?
The wires are Can Bus + & -, Illumination & Keycode ground.

Interestingly, my mate with a 2005 ST is having a similar problem with his dial needles spinning to their stops and back about twenty seconds after starting the car, and he has permanent warning lights. I took a look at his PO aftermarket HU install, and its a fireball waiting to happen.Want to get mine sorted so can sort his too.

Dont have this aggro with my Series 2

CheeRS