Ford Focus Range This Section Contains All The Ford Focus Model Specific Forums.

anyone clued up on mk1 focus interior?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:29 AM
anthony lea
Ford allegiance

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default anyone clued up on mk1 focus interior?

I picked up a leather interior last night from a focus 'ink' to replace The velour interior in my 'ghia'.
What I want to know is...
1. Can I swap the ford CD multichanger under the passenger seat to the New seat?
2. Can I make the New seat electronically move up and down with the parts off my seat?
3. Main question is what precautions to take when removing and refitting front seats? Disconnect battery?
4. Finally lol I think the seats may have heat pads in them? Although my car doesn't, could I get them operating?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 AM
RobedST24
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If its any thing like changing the interior im my mondeo its all plug n play electrically the multichanger will need to be pop riveted back on to the seat and i never disconnected my battery but i know some people do
Old 10-07-2014, 11:45 AM
user 628729
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony lea
1. Can I swap the ford CD multichanger under the passenger seat to the New seat?
Basically yes, but as noted there will probably be some pop riveting involved (I have done this).

I replaced the fabric seats in my Zetec (with autochanger) for some nice special edition leather ones that didn't have the bracket.
For quite a while I just left the autochanger sitting on the floor, it's fairly easy to remove it from the mounting bracket under the seat and the wiring connection is just a plug. But moving the bracket is a bit more than a 5-minute job.

Eventually I decided to tackle it and mount it properly; it was a bit of a battle as the bracket is mounted where the fixings aren't that easy to get at.
I can't remember which was trickiest, getting the bracket off or fitting it back on again, but neither were that easy because there's a fair bit of mechanism that just gets in the way of the tools you use.
IIRC it was basically "just" drilling out pop rivets to get it off and then drilling some new holes and pop riveting it back on.
I think I put it in a "very slightly" different position because my rivet gun couldn't reach the obvious fixing holes. But with the seat off the car you'll work it out.
Remember to place it where you can then get at the fixing screw holes to attach the changer unit.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:52 AM
anthony lea
Ford allegiance

Originally Posted by oldzetec
Basically yes, but as noted there will probably be some pop riveting involved (I have done this).

I replaced the fabric seats in my Zetec (with autochanger) for some nice special edition leather ones that didn't have the bracket.
For quite a while I just left the autochanger sitting on the floor, it's fairly easy to remove it from the mounting bracket under the seat and the wiring connection is just a plug. But moving the bracket is a bit more than a 5-minute job.

Eventually I decided to tackle it and mount it properly; it was a bit of a battle as the bracket is mounted where the fixings aren't that easy to get at.
I can't remember which was trickiest, getting the bracket off or fitting it back on again, but neither were that easy because there's a fair bit of mechanism that just gets in the way of the tools you use.
IIRC it was basically "just" drilling out pop rivets to get it off and then drilling some new holes and pop riveting it back on.
I think I put it in a "very slightly" different position because my rivet gun couldn't reach the obvious fixing holes. But with the seat off the car you'll work it out.
Remember to place it where you can then get at the fixing screw holes to attach the changer unit.
ok cheers for the help guys. i will tackle it soon...
Old 13-07-2014, 06:43 PM
anthony lea
Ford allegiance

Done it!
Only problems encountered

Rear seat bottom part out of mk1.5 has 4 bolt holes oppose to the 2 On my mk1

Connectors for electrics again were different. I cut then Off and reconnected to the New seats.

I now have a full ghia grey velour interior that's free to anyone interested?