Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

focus RS mk2 values and owners

Search this Thread

Old 18-12-2013, 10:04 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default focus RS mk2 values and owners

where do we think they will go in 2014.

was thinking of one this year but only got the funds sorted now. will use my mk1 focus for early 2014 but the noise is addictive and drawing me in.

the prices seem to be very high for a 4 year old car, and there's very few private ones for sale, not suggesting they are overpriced but im wondering if the limited supply of them or the market keeps the value high

if the right cherished car turns up privately i could move but i need to maybe give my mk1 the love it needs for a few months at least....haven't used it since feb

any mk1 owners gone to a mk2, experiences feedback etc???
Old 18-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

They are brilliant cars, but I think they are deliberately being kept highly priced. My friend bought one a couple of years back with a few hundred miles on it, I've seen lesser spec cars with tens of thousands of miles on them being advertised recently for the same price - How does that work?
Old 18-12-2013, 10:47 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_RS
They are brilliant cars, but I think they are deliberately being kept highly priced. My friend bought one a couple of years back with a few hundred miles on it, I've seen lesser spec cars with tens of thousands of miles on them being advertised recently for the same price - How does that work?
IMO i think its the dealers that are dictating the prices, i have seen a few on ford forecourts for between 21 and 24k, and theres 'the' dealer who supply alot.

they even buy up the private for sale ones and sell them on, nothing wrong with that, perfectly good business, but it means the privately advertised ones are often overpriced.
Old 22-12-2013, 05:27 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealers can't keep the prices high, it's supply and demand, when they quite new all the doubters said they would be worth 10k by now.......
I sold my last one for just over 20k, that had a 400+ pack, coil overs, AP brakes, comps, etc, that was 18 months ago, it would still go for the same money now, maybe more.
As for private vs dealer sales, how many people have 20k in the bank to buy a car? Not many, hence going to a dealer you can part x your old car, cat a finance deal and have the back up of buying from a proper supplier if you do get any issues.
I would recommend Focus RS direct, good bunch, they do well because they pay fair money for cars and are easy to deal with. I think there's a bit of jealousy with a lot of people, they see FRSD doing well and don't like it.
Old 22-12-2013, 07:02 AM
lewis.philcox
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think in the coming year you will see the prices start to drop its rumored there going to start to fall
Old 22-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by GUZZLER
I would recommend Focus RS direct, good bunch, they do well because they pay fair money for cars and are easy to deal with. I think there's a bit of jealousy with a lot of people, they see FRSD doing well and don't like it.
Like the vauxhaul dealer near him who's now called RS Focus Direct or very similar.
Cunts trick that.