Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

2010 ford focus rs leak

Search this Thread

Old 19-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Mgd
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2010 ford focus rs leak

Hi All, Last week I noticed that the passenger side floor was wet, anyone else had this problem? Have taken it to dealership this morning and they are saying leaks are not covered under warranty and they will investigate, am now waiting for a phone call, any help much appreciated.
Thanks Mike
Old 17-08-2012, 02:48 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mgd
Hi All, Last week I noticed that the passenger side floor was wet, anyone else had this problem? Have taken it to dealership this morning and they are saying leaks are not covered under warranty and they will investigate, am now waiting for a phone call, any help much appreciated.
Thanks Mike

Yhep mine had this problem and all the carpet/underlay was replaced through Ford.. Its prob the same problem, theres an aircon drain off pipe which has probly not been connected properly.
Old 17-08-2012, 03:18 PM
furry
DECODING JIBBA JABBA!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

if it's a fault caused by a defect on the vehicle then of course it's covered!!!
Old 16-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Mgd
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, third time back to garage and they have finally found the problem, crack in seal on bulkhead. They told me it would cost £300 to fix but they will charge me £200 as a good will gesture. I told them to fix it as I want it back ASAP. I am now looking for Head Office phone number to complain as I think it is a manufacturing defect. I want my money back.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks Mike
Old 25-12-2012, 12:47 AM
atm
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its usually the common fault and nothing serious, the foam seal on the pollen filter cover (the n/s part of the scuttle panel) needs replacing regularly or this happens.. Water leaks in down the bulkhead wich soaks passenger side carpet. Foam seal cost about 3 quid..