Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

mk1 focus rs rear trailing arm bushes

Old 28-04-2012, 07:16 AM
big-dirty-dog
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry mk1 focus rs rear trailing arm bushes

can anyone help!!!!!!im just about ready to start smashing my head against a brick wall-it seams my focus rs was a special build,ford seamed to make mine in there atlantis as no matter what bolt i try to undo its seized solid grrrrrr
any-who how far in do the rear bushes have to be pressed at the mo the old bushes sit about half way into the arm eye is this correct?There is a metal lip on one side of the bush is this just to aid fitting or does the bush need to be pushed into the arm all the way until the lip meets the arm???
i currently have my car in a garage on a 2-post lift have managed to tilt the sub-frame to aid access to bushes
thanks very much in advance
Old 29-04-2012, 08:28 AM
RSargie
PassionFord Regular

The bushes just go half way through to the middle. It's not uncommon for the rear end bolts etc to seize up wee used to do a few at work and they were a pain! Lol we have now got a really good on the car bush tool and a nice spring compressor so have a lot less trouble. Not much help just suffer until it's done
Old 29-04-2012, 10:36 AM
big-dirty-dog
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by RSargie
The bushes just go half way through to the middle. It's not uncommon for the rear end bolts etc to seize up wee used to do a few at work and they were a pain! Lol we have now got a really good on the car bush tool and a nice spring compressor so have a lot less trouble. Not much help just suffer until it's done

Nice one pal thanks very much!