Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Internal blower fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 25-02-2011, 10:07 AM
smith5789
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal blower fan not working

Hi there,
Apologies if a common fault, but have done a bit of looking around and can't find symptoms that are the same as this one. I have a 1.6 2005 Focus Zetec. The blower fans completely packed up the other day, while they were on sitting stationary at traffic lights, they just stopped, and have been completely dead since. There is no response of any kind for any of the settings on any speed. Also the electric windcreens (front and back) have stopped working, there is condensation building up inside the car, and the temperature guage seems to believe the outside air temperature is in the region of -25 degrees, which it isnt!
If anyone could offer any advice on what the problem might be to a car muppet id appreciate it
Cheers
Old 25-02-2011, 12:47 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

The common problem is the resistor pack but in this case you would still have a blower on position 4. First check the obvious fuse it will be 30A, forget the number off hand but if you search my posts I have posted it before (F63 rings a bell, it is in the box behind the glovebox not the engine fusebox IIRC, the easiest way is to check the legend on the underside of the cover. If no joy here I would next be looking toward the switch itself and if this is ok then the motor. The fuse number mentioned above is for a MK1, but as yours is a 2005 model this could be either.

As to the screens again check the fuses, back is likely to be 30A and the front has a fuse in the engine compartment fuse box which is a big fuse (Around 50A IIRC)

Martin
Old 26-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Martyn Walker
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whilt on the subject of Blower fans i have a 2006 1.8 TDI, i am finding that when i accelarate the fan blower starts working even if i have all of the switches off, all swithes work ok on each setting but i cannot stop the fan cutting in by itself, has anyone else experienced this?