Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Brakes Grinding and Vibration (ABS?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Cozziekid
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brakes Grinding and Vibration (ABS?)

Hi all, i have a problem with my focus when braking. I can hear a grinding noise if braking harsh-ish, doesnt do it when braking normally and the noise is accompanied by a vibration through the brake pedal (like when the ABS kicks in). I have checked all the brakes/discs and they are like new, no wear whatsoever. When i reach 60+ mph the ABS and TC lights come on too, not sure if the 2 problems are related. No error codes stored either. Im thinking maybe a faulty ABS pump next but that wouldnt explain the grinding noise would it? Any more ideas? Cheers.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Chaz888
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check disk run out first and if your abs / tc is like mine the tc is part of your abs when you gun it if a wheel starts to spin (abs sensor) picks this up and brakes on that wheel forcing more drive to the other side if that slips it then brakes on that side to and so on and i think it cuts the revs a bit too so you maybe need a main dealer with a fault like that.

Last edited by Chaz888; 12-02-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Pull the fuse for the ABS and see if it still does it.