Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Mk1 Central Locking Unlock Sequence + New Boot Gremlin!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Cozziekid
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mk1 Central Locking Unlock Sequence + New Boot Gremlin!!!

Hi, some of you may know that on the Focus you can change the way the car unlocks - first press of remote will unlock drivers door & boot, second press will unlock passenger door, or you can change it so just 1 press unlocks everything. Well mine is set as the 1st option but i want it to unlock everything with 1 press of the remote. Ive tried changing the sequence how it says in the book (press lock & unlock at same time, hold for 5 seconds and indicators will flash 2 times to confirm change) but nothing happens, what am i doing wrong?? Its a 2000 (V) 2.0 Zetec. Any help appreciated, cheers.

..... and a new problem, the boot has decided to start popping open by itself! First time was the other day, had just started up the car when the bootlid popped open. Then today i was parked up (the wife was sat in on her own) and it did it again. Also sometimes after the doors have been unlocked, after a minute or so you can hear the doors clunk as they try to unlock themselves again. Is there a control unit that controls all this stuff, together with the locking sequence problem im having, like the GEM unit on mondeo's? Starting to think ive got gremlins!! Any help appreciated guys, cheers.

Last edited by Cozziekid; 08-02-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Cozziekid
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
mattautolec
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it might be unrelated to you altering the locking. I've seen a few with this fault, its not unusual for broken wiring in the tailgate harness to cause a fault like this. If your near Huddersfield we can sort this for you www.autoelectricianinhuddersfield.co.uk.