Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

airbag light query

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2011, 02:17 PM
ajc.78
st70 build underway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default airbag light query

I have a query regarding the airbag warning light on my st170

I removed the drivers seat which has a airbag in and installed a cobra bucket seat for use on track.

I reinstalled the pretensioner so I could use the seatbelt on the road.

Since fitting the bucket seat the airbag warning light has come on it seems to flash twice several times and then stays on.

Before posting I have read the other posts on similar topics including thins one

https://passionford.com/forum/ford-f...-on-focus.html

I have made a squib following the how to guide and fitted it however the light is still on.

Has anyone got any other advice/ suggestions as to what I can do to turn the light off. I want to be able to turn the warning light off so it will be able to pass future mots once the regs change before I sell the interior

thanks

al
Old 18-01-2011, 10:53 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only way other than fixing the fault is to take the bulb out. Ford's self test when you turn the ignition on, that's why it flashes then stays on, as it finds a fault.
Old 18-01-2011, 11:01 PM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it youve used the wiring from under the old original seat? If so and its still flashing. then maybe the airbag system checks the airbag module in the seat itself which then sends a ' message ' so to speak back to the control units which then disables the light? Bit like when the air bags deployed the light stays on or flashes ( cant remember what mine did when i barrel rolled my ST170 lol ) but i think the airbag unit in the seat sends a message back to the control unit.. sort of self checks itself thent he light goes out..