PassionFord      

Go Back   PassionFord > Ford car Forums listed by Model. > Ford Focus > Ford Focus RS
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos KBase Gold & Trader Accounts FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor Directory
Search
Welcome to PassionFord

Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

submit to reddit

Old 04-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
elenlou
Virgin

Trader Score: (0)
Default Focus Auto 1.6 (2000) help please

Hi
My first post on here
Does anyone have any ideas?
My Focus Auto has been cutting out over the last few months when approaching roundabouts, traffic lights etc. No real pattern to it, all the engine management lights come on, I switch it off restart it and off it goes straight away. It can happen every day for a week, several times a day or run for ages ok.
Tick over doesn't sound right when it is idling
Today the multi function light came on as I drove away from home and stayed on, it goes off when I drop down to 2nd but in drive it remains on.
Garage have run it through the scanner today and have said it comes up as running a bit lean.
They are thinking it could be an air intake probelm or a gearbox issue, any ideas before they ring me tomorrow and say it's the gearbox
Thank you
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
elenlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Defo not the box, most likely thing to be is the speed sensor, autos use more than one, there is one that gives a vehicle speed to the ecu, this is nothing to do with the speedo generated signal, but when this sensor fails the car doesn't realise it is still coasting and raise the revs slightly, the zetecs do run very lean mixtures so could be a air leak if no joy from speed sensor.
tabetha
tabetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
kent discos
Transit Connect Owner

is it a diesel?
Kent Discos - http://www.kentdiscos.me.uk
kent discos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
elenlou
Virgin

Thanks, no it is petrol
The warning light went off on Tuesday and hasn't come back on since so just one of those things I guess.
I didn't think it was the gearbox as it didn't make sense, will get the sensor changed and hopefully it will stop dying on me
elenlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
PassionFord
Ford Focus

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
16, focus, ford, reg