Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

03 focus 1-8 tdci wont start

Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 AM
heyzee107
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 focus 1-8 tdci wont start

hi everyone new on here and looking for some knowlageable folk to maybe help me out'my 03 focus 1.8 tdci was driving great then one day went to get in it went to fire it up and it just turns over..gave it a sniff of easy start and it fired up and ran drove for 2 miles glowpluglight flashed and cut out ??? towed it home got a diagnostics done on it by one chap and came up with
p2291 control pressure to low during cranking
p0403 egr valve position control circuite historic
a freind of mine put his computer on tried to clear faults tried to start and still the same...but came up with
p1211 injector pressure above or below desired pressure
p1664 injection pump malfunction control module
p2291 control pressure to low during cranking
p0251 injection pump fuel metering cntrol malfunction
i firstly fitted a new fuel filter before the codes were read filled it up and primed the pipes still no joy.the two people who put the machines on beleived it was the pump so i fit a pump and gues what it is exactly the same just turns over.quick sniff of easy start and it fires up ticks over revs up great left it run for 10 minutes turned it off tried to start and nothing just turns over.will i have to get the old codes cleared or should it start anyway if it was the pump ???????any help or advice would be great,also the egr is caked in crap scraped as mutch out as possible but cant get my fingers any further in.would realy like to get it spotless but seen on here its a pig of a job.has anyone ever changed the pressure switch in the fuel manifold?? is there a way of testing it when it is removed for resistance or something to tell if it is dud....
surerly some one must be able to point me in the right direction..

Last edited by heyzee107; 06-10-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
heyzee107
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i cleared fault codes that were storedp0251 injection pump fuel metering control a(cam/rotar/injector)
p0404 egr control circuit range/performance
p1000manufacturer specific this will not clear
does anyone have any ideas or help as im realy stuck surely if there was something wrong the fault codes would re apear ?????????????????????? why do we like cars so mutch when they do this to us if it was your wife you would get divorced