Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Help needed - Engine, transmission malfunction, check engine and esp light on

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2016, 12:57 AM
iantwj27
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed - Engine, transmission malfunction, check engine and esp light on

Hi all,

Just wondering any of you guys face this before.

I have a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI mk2.5 year 2010 Powershift.

Was driving my car on the highway, everything was normal and out of a sudden the engine malfunction, transmission malfunction, check engine and esp warning came off. The car goes into like a limp mode sort of thing, no power and gear change not smooth at all.

Went to a workshop only the fault code for EGR came up (P0489 - EGR "A" Control Curcuit Low). The technician doesnt think that this is the main problem and I think so too.

Sometimes the warning will go off after some restarts but only the check engine light on. The car can be driven and it is smooth, but not long after that the warning will come back again and the car will be jerky and loss power again.

My technician has cleaned the MAF sensor but that lasted only 2-3 days and the warning came back on again and also the ECU ground wire head which only lasted a few hours.

Appreciate if anyone here could advise what could be the issue?
Old 25-02-2016, 04:02 PM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

What were the fault codes read from the ESP and Transmission?

Why clean the MAF and risk ruining it, when there's nothing pointing to the MAF?
What's your technician going to do about fault code P0489?
Old 26-02-2016, 02:42 AM
iantwj27
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldford
What were the fault codes read from the ESP and Transmission?

Why clean the MAF and risk ruining it, when there's nothing pointing to the MAF?
What's your technician going to do about fault code P0489?
There were no fault codes on the transmission and esp, only the P0489. as far as i know.

He is trying to resolve the EGR issue. But diagnosing the other warnings is the hard part.

I'm using K&N filter and I read somewhere else that oil will stick onto the sensor and we need to clean occasionally. He's trying to look at all possibilities that might cause all warnings came out at the same time.

Could it be sockets or wiring issues as the car still drives fine when there's no warning, which occasionally it happens?