Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

new to ford's!

Old 19-01-2014, 07:36 AM
fatty g
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to ford's!

hello all!

i'm normally a vw guy but for the money i had to spend all the cars i had seen had 170k+ miles on, so i eventually found my way to the current daily.

ive had my mk1 focus tdci ghia about a month or so now. already the neighbour has reversed into it causing minor damage which they paid to be fixed.

the other issues i have are the drivers side suspension sagging, i need to replace a wing mirror and the carpet needs replacing as its pulled away in the drivers footwell and is frayed. joy.

other than that i'm enjoying having my on car again (i sold my mk2 gti 16v golf when my little girl was born!), and loving averaging 42 mpg.

its got 123k on the clocks but came with a years warranty which covers the engine and box, so hopefully anything goes wrong in that time so the dealer pays for it!

anyhow. i plan to blank the egr, and fit a single mass fly and some alloys (possibly 16's from a cougar) and pretty much leave it at that really as its my daily driver, maybe lower it a little)

ive read on here that the tddi version might have a single mass fly, the question i have is will the tdci clutch still be okay to use or would i need to swap that for the tddi version too?

also i have no plans of uber power, and i dont see the point in spending £400 to remap it, but the tuning box sellers seem to all promise increased mpg, although i have read alot of people warning against using them. does anyone on here have any experience? for @ £80 i might be tempted with one of these.

Finally: biodiesel. apart from fuel filters, if i decided to run it on this, what else would i need to replace (i ask as currently the price of diesel near mine is 137.9 p/l, but i can get bioderv for 100.00 p/l so i'm tempted.