Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Cmax 2.0 tdci - limp mode - fuel pressure sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 05:27 PM
leesh00
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cmax 2.0 tdci - limp mode - fuel pressure sensor?

I got a 2004 cmax 2.0 tdci 136 bhp recently, when I got it the car was in limp mode and wouldn't rev above 3000rpm.

When plugging the scanner I get the following codes:

P0380 - powertrain, glow plug/heater circuit

P0193 - Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input

P0194 - Fuel Rail pressure sensor circuit intermittant

Pending faults

P0490 - EGR

P0236 - Turbo charger boost sensor circuit range/performance

P2566 - Turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit intermittant.

When erasing the codes and rescanning, some of them wouldn't come back and some would change around from current to pending faults.

However the one that always kept coming back was the P0193, so I thought it must be this sensor.

I had a sensor from a mk3 mondeo, which has the same looking part (slight mod on plug required) but different part numbers stamped on it.

I fitted it and immediately the car was out of limp mode, went for a drive and it revved up. It was very fast (too fast?) but having not driven one before, maybe they are just like that........tyre shredding torque in 2nd!

All was well for a couple of miles then it went back to how it was and also kangaroos a bit.

I got another sensor of ebay, seller said he bought it for his '53' cmax. Looks the same and same plug, but again different numbers stamped on it.

Tried it and same as before, ok for a short time then goes backwards.

I since found that by just taking out the sensor and putting it back in that it seems to take it out of limp mode for a short time until any prolonged load is requested, although not with the original.

So first question is do these numbers on the sensor need to match?

If so then that is probably the problem, but if not..........any ideas on next best logical course of action???

Cheers