Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 30-06-2013, 11:34 AM
skematikgnu
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas?

Hi all, newbie here and i'm hoping someone can help!

I've recently bought a 2009 Focus 1.8 TDCI and i seem to be having an issue. As soon as i picked the car up, i noticed that the accelerator pedal seems extremely sensitive. At idle the car is doing roughly 800rpm, but as soon as i touch the accelerator it's up to 1,500rpm, there's no 'middle ground' and it makes for hard work when pulling outta parking spaces slowly without sounding like i'm trying to race someone. This aside, yesterday the car did the opposite - pulled up in traffic and suddenly there was a faint 'twang' noise.. thinking nothing of it i pulled away to find there was no immediate response from the throttle. Gradually the revs built up and i was on my way, but a bit further up the road, i was wanting to accelerate and again there was no immediate response.

Before all this happened yesterday, for a very short length of time the pedal seemed to operate like you'd expect. Gradually press the throttle and the revs would gradually build, but by the time i got home it was back to 'normal' and revving straight up to at least 1,500rpm with the slightest of touches. So, my question is this.. i've read quite a bit about a throttle position sensor and i was wondering if this seems to be my issue??