Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

M.O.T refusal

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2012, 07:57 PM
roblloyd
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.O.T refusal

First of checked all tyres to make sure none was under 1.6 BUT the front driver side was showing wire signs on the inside . ANYWAY i went and got both front tyres bought brand new. The other side was going anyway. BUT he also REFUSAL because Nearside front suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2). BUT he also said the same about the Offside.
Bloke who put the 2 new tyres on the front i show him the refusal none and does he understand the parts. he said yes and had a good look under on both side and said he could not see anything.
Sort of mate sent me to this mot bloke.Phoned another local repair shop who said £120 parts £100 labour. Phoned bloke who sent me to M O T he said £120 parts £10 labour.
can anyone tell me the real cost?
If i went and had a retest at a differant station would they know about the refusal. JUST FILL THE BLOKE MAKING WORK FOR HIS MAKE, say this because on the phone he was shocked in his voice it failed on that.
1 last thing its a C-MAX 2005 2.0 TDCI, when you take the engine cover off, on the top were the injectors are if you look to the far right theres a ROUND sort of part and its making a clinking noice, its sort of round but not and only looks likes 3 or 4 screws hold it. Its something to do with the fuel. Starting car in morning you cannot pull away until about 1 minute has gone. Will also lose power in 3rd 4 th gear.
Old 22-04-2012, 08:11 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

no i took my van for test while working away they failed it on daft stuff like play in rack even tho it had just had new steering arms ,so took it for a test at my local place when home and it passed
Old 22-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I use the same MOT tester every time.
Mine will advise certain things rather than fail.
Old 22-04-2012, 08:53 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

there are some right dick head testers about who cannot tell the difference between worn to excess or just worn! theres a place in basingstoke that really rip people off and come up with huge lists but as most people dont know they just pay for the work to be done!
Old 22-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
there are some right dick head testers about who cannot tell the difference between worn to excess or just worn! theres a place in basingstoke that really rip people off and come up with huge lists but as most people dont know they just pay for the work to be done!

My brothers toyota people carrier was failed last year because the wipers on fast speed were too fast and too slow on the slow speed,
He reported the garage to vosa after getting it passed some where else
Old 22-04-2012, 08:59 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

the garage im talking about in basingstoke failed a puma on just under 800 pounds worth of work i spent under 200 on it and it pasted lol they failed my sisters mates car on the headlights being insecure and other things i found it so funny i rang them up to ask if they checked them with a lever bar as i couldent get them to move but they wouldent talk to me about it lol i put a number plate on it and it passed!
Old 22-04-2012, 09:40 PM
roblloyd
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will retest know about refusal

thanks for the replys. What i need to know is if i took it to another M.O.T station will they know it was refused one days ago.
Thanks
Rob