Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

56 1.8tdci focus engine failure fault any help??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 AM
neilburg
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 56 1.8tdci focus engine failure fault any help??????

My focus has a engine fault warning every morning when I turn on the ignition,then when I start car it goes into limp mode but when I drive down the street fault clears and car runs great.took it to my local garage and computer points to accelerator pedal but I'm not convinced,any one else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Turbonutter69
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Try this and see what codes come up.
Old 14-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Adam-r
Virgin

I have exactly the same problem. You'll find it will get worse. I've been told after a full diagnostic by ford that it's glow plugs. I'm sceptical?

Some other people have mentioned low fuel pressure?
Old 14-04-2012, 08:18 PM
neilburg
Virgin

Mmm,problem is getting a little worse,started faulting after I've been out in car and go back shortly after,so car still warm and not really using glow plugs,read that egr valves a problem but cost big £ and when they fail they produce lots of smoke!think I will try fuel filter as I have read this can cause lots of problems also,car was serviced 4 months ago but not sure if it was changed as part of the service!
Old 14-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Adam-r
Virgin

Originally Posted by neilburg
Mmm,problem is getting a little worse,started faulting after I've been out in car and go back shortly after,so car still warm and not really using glow plugs,read that egr valves a problem but cost big £ and when they fail they produce lots of smoke!think I will try fuel filter as I have read this can cause lots of problems also,car was serviced 4 months ago but not sure if it was changed as part of the service!
According to ford the glow plugs continue to be used even when the engine is warm. I had a new filter and it changed nothing!
Old 14-04-2012, 08:38 PM
neilburg
Virgin

That's interesting wonder what the average life span is for a set of glow plugs,think I will google that and do a bit of research,wonder of they are expensive might be worth a try,I don't think they too bad of a job,could probably attempt them myself!