Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Mk3 Brakes sticking

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 07:03 AM
billkent22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk3 Brakes sticking

Hello,

I'm running out of ideas on this one so i'm hoping someone can help:

What's happening:
The brakes are not releasing as quickly as they should for example if I am on a roundabout with my foot on the brake then release it and pull away I can feel the car holding back. Also if I park on a slight slope, hold the brakes on and then release them it holds for approx. half a second and then I hear the pads graunch and the car slowly rolls back.

What ive done
  • I have replaced both the brake callipers as these where seizing up anyway and as they where the original it didn't surprise me!
  • Checked the rear brakes and adjusted them
  • Cleaned and lubricated front pads & carriers
  • Cleaned and copper slipped sliders
  • Has the car on a ramp yesterday and got a mate to sit in it and apply and release the brakes, both fronts seem to be holding on slightly which leads me to believe there is something more central wrong somewhere...
Any ideas?
Old 18-01-2017, 07:01 AM
billkent22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIXED

Thought I would quickly update this incase anyone else comes across this

The O/S/F brake hose was defective, it must have collapsed internally and not releasing the pressure.
I changed the hose, bled the system and all is now good!
Old 18-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Dude I think it could be the brake hoses, there are known for collapsing internally not allowing the brake to release. If your brakes are binding a little try and undo the bleed nipple and see if the brake Easers off .

Adder