Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

help please st150 aircon problem

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2016, 10:33 PM
nickycarpo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post help please st150 aircon problem

just had my air con re gassed now i have a pressure problem the garage i took it to said it was running at 20bar and its meant to be around 13bar and the orifice tube must be blocked now the problem is he didn't have a clue where it was located and i cannot find it my self just got the haynes manual which was about as useful as a chocolate tea pot it does not cover the st150

does anyone know where it is or if it even has one my last resort is completely ripping out all the pipes and finding it my self which is a complete pain
Old 31-10-2016, 10:31 AM
_Jimmy_
Regular Contributor

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah it probably has an orifice thingy as that will be where the AC fluid expands to cool it.

I looked up a general AC diagram and the orifice tube seems to be after the dryer. On the Fiesta I think the drier is in front of the offside wheel arch behind the bumper so it might be the the tube coming out of that (or something connected to it)

I know that's not much help

Last edited by _Jimmy_; 31-10-2016 at 11:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nickycarpo (31-10-2016)
Old 31-10-2016, 11:09 AM
_Jimmy_
Regular Contributor

Maybe this helps, from the manual...
"An evaporator core orifice is used for all engine versions with manual transmission"

The evaporator core is the bit actually in the cabin, the orifice seems to be in the engine bay but the diagrams are hard to see where - these are the evaporator core orifice removal instructions. My guess is it looks like they tell you to remove a whole section of the line before the evaporator, possibly the line on the bulkhead below the scuttle panel.
http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/fie..._core_orifice/

Last edited by _Jimmy_; 31-10-2016 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nickycarpo (31-10-2016)
Old 31-10-2016, 11:29 AM
nickycarpo
Virgin

Smile

thanks jimmy for the fast response that info is just what i needed i will go crack on and get that out i'll have to take some pictures for future reference

Old 31-10-2016, 01:10 PM
nickycarpo
Virgin

Talking

Thanks again jimmy this has been bugging me for weeks but thanks to you it's solved.

It was near the bulk head on the high pressure pipe

It's inside the short pipe on the left

I hope this helps anyone else in future as it had me stumped if more pictures are needed let me know
Old 31-10-2016, 01:35 PM
_Jimmy_
Regular Contributor

Glad I could help, it does look very clogged as well.
Old 31-10-2016, 02:34 PM
nickycarpo
Virgin

It was pretty clogged up, before bought the car some idiot removed the air con pipes with what looked like bolt cutters as the car was bodged due to accident damage,

Now I just need it re gassed luckily I know the garage owner I get it done for free