Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

MK5 Fiesta rev counter only dead

Search this Thread

Old 22-01-2015, 11:04 AM
amichael
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK5 Fiesta rev counter only dead

Suddenly out of the blue the rev counter (only) does not work, the speedo is fine. The embedded lights within the rev dial do work.
I think it started when on the one occasion i tried to start the engine and it just made a click-click, etc sound. classic sign of the starter/solonioid problem. But on my second attempt managed to start the car. Never done it since.
The other thing i noticed at the same time was the radio thought it lost power so I had to put the code in and the electronic trip meter went to zero. Does the rev counter work on a fuse or relay and is it separate to everything else? Where is it?

My car is W reg , 2000, fiesta 1.25 Zetec Mk5.

I read somewhere that if you hold down the trip reset button while you start up the engine, it enters a diagnostic mode and tests all the dash dials and lights - but that does not work on my car, maybe for older fords.

Help.
Old 22-01-2015, 02:36 PM
amichael
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest news: I tried the trick on holding the trip reset button on startup. This time I pressed it harder and started the engine and it worked.
Rev counter now works!

Is there a web site or pdf online that explains all the test display option counters as you skip through them?