Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Ford Fiesta .18 turbo diesel 2002..help wanted please.

Search this Thread

Old 19-01-2015, 04:41 PM
BongoMan
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ford Fiesta .18 turbo diesel 2002..help wanted please.

Hi, I just bought a Ford Fiesta .18 turbo diesel 2002 to start my new job. I had it serviced where the mechanic changed all the fluids and topped them up. The car smoked quite a biut when i got it (only 2 weeks ago) The mechanics put some solution it the diesel tank that seems to have cleared the smoking a bit...but it still smokes when started...seems to be less smoky when driven for a while.( white smoke). Seems to have problem starting the car when its cold. I am not too knowledgeable about cars...I have been reading a lot but would like some advice. Fuel filter was changed during servicing.

Help please..

Thanks.
Bongoman
Old 26-01-2015, 03:37 PM
landaqmabba
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well diesel's usually smoke black (fuel not burned) white smoke is probably oil, could it be your mechanic used thin oil and is leaking through the rings therefor you're burning oil so white (blueish) smoke comes out, check the oil level see if it's reduced though if it's a small amount it will take some time to show the reduced levels