Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

MK5 Fiesta 1.8d - Mass Help Required

Search this Thread

Old 25-06-2014, 09:41 PM
RoddyAndHisFiesta
Someone in the background

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK5 Fiesta 1.8d - Mass Help Required

Hi there, This is my first post on here, excuse if a hit a faux par.

I have recently fallen in love with my fiesta diesel. A beautiful car with amazing speed and fuel economy. But with everything, what I've got isn't enough.

I've had inspiration to tweak the car but no knowledge and no time to experiment (I know, a passion takes time but I haven't got any)
I wanted to: Change the gearbox, improve brakes with compatible parts, improve turbo performance. The rest I can manage without help, I'll elaborate.

With the gearbox, I was hoping to switch from the 5 speed to a 6 speed, I find myself topping out fifth gear and I know the little monster can do more. What I need to know is possible gearboxes I can transplant in with little issue. If anyone knows of a possible gearbox that would fit and work with minimal issue, can I know please, if there are any other actions to take with the install...ETC.

With the Turbo, I am planning to fit an intercooler, apparently the one from a Saab 9000 will fit, so that will be in motion but I am not sure if I would benefit from a new turbo or adjusting the current one for more boost.

Also a more powerful fuel pump is needed, I believe the transit one will be sufficient, correct me if I'm wrong

The brakes, I was told the brakes system from the ford puma fit and work really well. If anyone has owned a stock fiesta, you know the brakes are a not really up to par. I have no issues carrying out those modification but if there is a more easier-to-source alternative, I ears open.

If anyone can help with any of the above or any suggestions at all, I am open to it all. I want this beast to roam the streets with presence.

I understand this is asking a lot, especially for a first time poster, but I'm 19, this is my first car and I want it to be something a little special. Right now, it is a Colorado Red, but I have decided to wrap the car is a carbon fibre vinyl.
In black, I'm going to paint the alloys black with a purple centre piece, purple washer jets, purple smoked lights. slight purple tint, Purple LED glow(only for when parked, I know its illegal to drive with). ( a purple and black theme, it sounds awfully chav-ish but I like the concept of it)