Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Mk6 Zetec S Cigerette Lighter & Aux Cable Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 PM
xchristinex
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk6 Zetec S Cigerette Lighter & Aux Cable Not Working

Hi all

im new to this and looking for some advice not long purchased this car absolutely love it but having problems with listening to my ipod when I have it in the aux it seems to be crackling a lot in the speakers but the radio is fine.

Also my cigarette lighter is not working i use it for the sat nav got my boyfriend to check the fuse but apparently looks fine

will i need to take it apart and sort any wires out or replace anything?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Matt478
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

If it hasnt fused, have you got something else you can plug in and try?

Plug may have come off the back of the cig lighter socket.
Old 13-12-2013, 05:38 PM
xchristinex
Virgin

just tested my sat nav charger in my dads cigarette lighter socket as he has a fiesta the same too and the light came on then put the lighter in and pushed it in and it didn't pop up so pulled it out and it wasn't hot at all put the sat nav plug back in my dads and now its not working! confused!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:07 AM
jenzelwashington
Virgin

My aux cable does the same thing in my MK6 ZS. It either crackles or only comes out of one speaker. I thought it was the cable itself but I have replaced it twice and although it seems to work ok for a while it doesn't take long for the same problem to happen again! I would love to know why it does it! Did you ever get to the bottom of it? For me it's just something I've had to learn to live with.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:05 PM
xchristinex
Virgin

Originally Posted by jenzelwashington
My aux cable does the same thing in my MK6 ZS. It either crackles or only comes out of one speaker. I thought it was the cable itself but I have replaced it twice and although it seems to work ok for a while it doesn't take long for the same problem to happen again! I would love to know why it does it! Did you ever get to the bottom of it? For me it's just something I've had to learn to live with.

my boyfriend had a look at the wires pulled the gear gaiter apart checked the wires he said it was fine he thinks the aux hole has got bigger with the aux getting pulled out if he pushes it and holds it in it works fine as soon as you let it go it starts cracking he thinks i would need a whole new plastic bit that has the aux hole in it ive never bothered to get this sorted although I did speak to ford but they told me to bring it in and they would have a look. im just living with listening to CDs and the Radio