Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Ford fiesta 1.4tdci 2006 No RPM on crank

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
MartinDP
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford fiesta 1.4tdci 2006 No RPM on crank

Hi,

We have a 2006 1.4tdci fiesta 38k miles.

The car broke down because the tensioner pulley had literally melted, luckily the belt didn't break, is just had a few chunks taken out of it, took it to the garage they couldn't believe what happened having only done 38k. They checked no damage was done and put on a new belt tensioner etc timed it all up, but wouldn't start. Did a diagnostic check and on live data the high pressure fuel pump wasn't getting enough psi? (Hope I am saying this right) think it was showing 30psi, they tried a new one - no difference. So through more investigating they have found on the live data there is no RPM on crack. Nothing at all. So they have changed the crank sensor, cam sensor and reluctor ring (magnetic sensor pick up) and still nothing. They are convinced is had todo with no RPM whilst cranking. They have since said that one person was checking the live data whilst cracking and another was 'wiggling the connector' to the crank sensor and it did flash a RPM up to 200, they checked all the wiring back and could find anything wrong with any of it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

They might send off the ecu to be checked.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:31 PM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

If wiggling the connector to the crank sensor flashes a RPM, then the connector and wiring need to be inspected. It's not likely to be an ecu fault given the description.