Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Fiesta Rev Counter

Search this Thread

Old 31-01-2012, 03:43 PM
growlingchim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta Rev Counter

Hi Guys

This weekend ive done a full clutch and cambelt change on my dads 2000 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec SE.
I got it all back together and everything was fine apart from the Rev counter, the needle seems to be the wrong side of the pin that it rests on. When the ignition is tern on it come up from the bottom of the gauge to the under side of the pin. Its almost as tho the polarity has been reversed and the gauge is working in reverse. I have try plugging/unplugging the couple of connectors ive had apart and checked the earth on the gearbox side is back on.

Im stumped, HELP????

Thanks

Graeme
Old 06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Tonwah
Virgin

Theres the speed sensor on the back of the gearbox facing upwards, you would of unplugged it to take the clutch out, make sure it's plugged in properly or that you haven't damaged it taking the box out
Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 PM
growlingchim

The speedo is working fine, does the speedo drive control the rev counter? I thought the rev counter would be sensored of the engine?

The needle seems to have gone from its parked position all the way round to the rear side of the pin it rests on. When the ignition is turned on the needle rises and to the underside of the pin and stays there.

Thanks Graeme
Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Tonwah
Virgin

Yeah that sensor sends a signal to the ecu and works out speed and rpm, it also needs a signal from the coil pack but seeing as you've had the box out that would be where I would start