Fiesta ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta ST Range of cars.

Fiesta ST Pre-facelift to facelift Question

Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 PM
bertyboo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta ST Pre-facelift to facelift Question

Hi chaps,

I'm happy to say I have just bought a Fiesta ST, however due to budget I ended up buying a pre-facelift car based on condition, service history, colour etc.

So I was wondering if anybody had changed the interior dashboard, clocks, radio over to the facelift version? And if so any chance you can tell me what is involved?

Also I will be looking to change the gearbox over to a 6 speed ford unit if I can at some point, I believe the getrag unit may fit? Any pointers?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The dash. No.
The centre dash, yeah, should be a pull off and push on type thing. (Stereo area)

Gearbox. Don't bother with it. The getrag doesn't fit.

Well, as with anything, anything will fit and anything will work, it just depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
bertyboo
Virgin

Thanks for the reply Jay,

What 6 speed gearboxes do fit? Any ideas, I've seen it mentioned in searches about MTX gearboxes, Galaxy boxes that fit?

I'll continue my research and see where I end up, hopefully the prospect of work may change in which case I can then save up and buy a facelift car instead, lol.

I just fancy the idea of doing something like this,

Thanks
Old 04-06-2013, 04:04 AM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bertyboo
Thanks for the reply Jay,

What 6 speed gearboxes do fit? Any ideas, I've seen it mentioned in searches about MTX gearboxes, Galaxy boxes that fit?

I'll continue my research and see where I end up, hopefully the prospect of work may change in which case I can then save up and buy a facelift car instead, lol.

I just fancy the idea of doing something like this,

Thanks
You know the facelift doesn't have 6 gears or anything else really over the prefacelift?

Honestly, 6 gears is possible, but you could buy another ST with the cost of box, and labour to do it.

Stick with the 5. What's the draw of 6 anyhow?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
bertyboo
Virgin

Originally Posted by JayCC
You know the facelift doesn't have 6 gears or anything else really over the prefacelift?

Honestly, 6 gears is possible, but you could buy another ST with the cost of box, and labour to do it.

Stick with the 5. What's the draw of 6 anyhow?
Yes I know they don't have 6 gears also.

Being honest I was just looking to see if anybody had done such a conversion so that I could see what was needed and work out the cost of associated parts. Labour I can do myself you see.

No big drama really, but would have kept me out of mischief, lol.

I'm more interested in finding out if the compete dashboard assembly can be changed as they are still the same shell, I just want to find out if any wiring needs to be changed between the two.

Anyway, I'll have a look myself if nobody has the answers.
Old 22-06-2013, 09:09 AM
XR2
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi chaps,

I'm happy to say I have just bought a Fiesta ST, however due to budget I ended up buying a pre-facelift car based on condition, service history, colour etc.

So I was wondering if anybody had changed the interior dashboard, clocks, radio over to the facelift version? And if so any chance you can tell me what is involved?

Also I will be looking to change the gearbox over to a 6 speed ford unit if I can at some point, I believe the getrag unit may fit? Any pointers?

Thanks
Dashboards were totally different. Also were the clocks and the wiring loom. You'd have to change nearly everything to bring your interior to facelift standard. Don't know if it's worth the work. Changing the stereo is easier, there are different aftermarket covers available to make your dashboard fit DIN or double DIN radios. You just have to change the standard cover.

6 speed is quite a problem. As you might know, the Fiesta ST engine (Duratec-HE) is of Mazda origin. Ford used the whole engine design with just minor modifications. So the gearbox housing bolt pattern is different, that's why the ST gearbox is called IB5+. Internals are the same like on any other IB5, just the clutch bellhousing is different. Focus ST170 had a Zeta type engine, labeled as Duratec ST. But the gearbox bolt pattern is standard Ford, like any other Zetec, Zetec-S, CVH etc. And iirc there was no Duratec-HE engine available with a 6-speed in a Ford.

The new 2.0 ecoboost engines were developed on the basis of the Duratec-HE. These are available with 6 speed boxes, but I don't know which bolt pattern they used for these units.
Old 22-06-2013, 10:32 AM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What about the gearbox from the mondeo sci 1.8 duratec as that's got a 6 speed box in.
Old 13-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Scott Marsden
Virgin

Default Fiesta prefacelift dash to facelift

Hi did u ever change the dash as I'm going to do it I have the dash loom to

Hi chaps,

Thanks