Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

My MK4 Project

Search this Thread

Old 14-01-2007, 12:17 PM
m0n0x1d3
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My MK4 Project

Bought this 3dr MK4 99 1.4 Zetec a couple of months ago and thought i post some pics up of what it looks like.

I bought the fez at 70k on the clock, had it checked out and the previous owner had recently replaced the wishbone. All for £500 (sound system included, headunit, 2 6x9's and a 12" pioneer subwoofer)

The first lot of work i did to it was replace everything that was nearing it's end. I input a new rad fan, new clutch, new ignition/starter. (little bits and peices not really worth mentioning.)

My first modification was probably one of the biggest mistakes i could've done. Big schoolboy error, i fitted a set of 16" OZ SuperT alloys on. Completely forgot that multi-spoke alloys are very hard to pull off on a small car, and the fact that the 16's are just too big, they make the car look as if it's on stilts and they're causing some strain/clunking sounds which i can't seem to find the source of.

(pictures are a bit poor, it was a rainy day)

I also fitted and sprayed some BMW Evo wing mirrors, the main advantage of this is that it covers the balck bracket that the standard mirrors had.

To add some finishing touches to the side view i added some clear side repeaters, however unfortunately a few days later some idiot drove into the side of my car, snapping my tracking rod, scuffing and scratching my alloy and buckling my front left hand wing.

My next moves were to fit some Angel-Eye projector headlights, however they rings had what i think is a blue led fitted inside which is partially died out. if anybody has any advice on how to replace this let me know. At the same time i fitted a badgeless grill and sprayed it myself.

My last move was fitting some anti-roll bars and Black LED Techno Taillights.

Basically this is my car as it is..nothing special but it's getting there. I'm only 18 on low wage so it's all taking time at the moment.

(the rear window tints were already on there when i bought it, i'm going to peel them off and stick some decent tints on there.

The next stages of my project
- Fix the front left wing
- Roll out the arches (need some advice on this)
- Lower the car either 25mm or 40mm
- Add some new window tints
- Fit K&N or Pipercross Induction Kit
- Fit new exhaust kit
- Full body paint job (getting a very cheap deal for very good quality)

As i said it's what i've been able to do so far on my wage packet but it's the best i can do. Still very nippy with the 1.4 Zetec-S engine, great cornering, however loses out on the straight against the 1.25 Zetec fiestas. The previous owner did run this car pretty hard so the engine is probably pretty worn. Anybody have any advice on giving this car an extra spark without changing the engine size (i'm only 18 so insurance is a problem)

Cheers
Old 14-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Those wheels look nice I think. Once you lower the car they'll suit it down to the ground I reckon
Old 14-01-2007, 02:44 PM
AdamB
PassionFord Regular

not keen on the headlights... or rear lights actually...
Old 17-01-2007, 02:16 PM
m0n0x1d3
Virgin

Well i need to roll out the arches a little as it's just going to rub against my tyres. I was hoping for 194/40's originally but didn't have the cash.

I've already order some pre-cut limo black tints for the rears and rear windscreen and 50% tints for the drive/passenger windows.

Spoke with a mate of mine who advised me if i wanted a bigger roar to my engine to remove the resonator behind the airbox apparently..so i'll get some tubing and give that a go. 5days to go until i can order a K&N induction kit to give it an extra boost (and while i'm on the subject, is it worth grabbing a K&N air filter while i'm at it?)

I think i'll keep the headlights only at temps, they don't really look right with the car as it is, however i don't really want to waste £120 so they're staying for the time being. As for the rear's it's all part of my plan. As they are they look like a sore thumb against the green, however in april this car is up for a full body spray, black at the back fading into a lighter white/blue at the front so the black of the taillights will just blend in. Plus it gives me a little play with blue at the front. My only issue with this is, i'm going to have to find spare colour coded blue rear seats to stick in as they are green at the moment and will look out of place.

Managed to find a garage to fit my front left hand panel. £30 for the panel and a further £50 fitting it. Would have done it myself but my spot-welding isn't up to scratch. Turns out the front wing panels are welded on. So for £50 to weld off and weld back on professionally...nothing really. The spray job i can do myself.

The last thing i'm going to try is replacing all the tubing under the hood, clean and spray the essentials. Make it all nice and shiny. I've also contemplated fitting the MK4 Fiesta Bore Kit before the spray, found a deal for £250 and it does look better on an MK4 than an MK4...however some adjustments may be needed to make a snug fit.
Old 17-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I've always been under the impression that induction kit is another name for an air filter
Old 17-01-2007, 08:12 PM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

have to say the rear lights are gash IMO, but apart from that it looks good mate
Old 18-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks good bar the back lights and desperate need for being lowered.
Old 18-01-2007, 06:04 PM
P33VVE
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

She soooo needs coilovers, euro spec rear cluster would look better too!
Old 31-01-2007, 02:00 PM
m0n0x1d3
Virgin

Not much chance of getting those in my area, got any sites I can order off??

Finally got that wing fixed, I just need to arrange to get those arches widened to lower it. Believe it or not but some punk has gone and got himself a green mk5, fitted some smaller multispoke alloys (looks the same as mine from a distance though), tinted his windows, fitted the chrome version of my taillights and from what I heard is trying to find out where I got my wing, mirrors from, this calls for some serious custom styling, what aggravates me more is he almost outran me yesterday, he’s driving a 1.25 zetec against my 1.4 zetec, caught me on the stretches.

I can’t seem to find any taillights I like, I got these ones due to schoolboy error “they look different, I’ll get those” any ideas?

Also fitting some better tints this weekend, got 80% tints for the rear and 50% for the front windows. Next step methinks will be a K&N Induction kit.

All advice, website links and criticisms welcome, it’s my first time modding a fez, I have in my head what I want it to be like, but it’s hard to put into words
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 AM
P33VVE
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I have euro spec on mine:

Old 06-02-2007, 10:53 AM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by P33VVE
I have euro spec on mine:

any more pics of yours?????????/