PassionFord      


Go Back   PassionFord > Ford car Forums listed by Model. > Ford Escort RS Cosworth
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos KBase Gold & Trader Accounts FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor Directory
Search
Welcome to PassionFord

Ford Escort RS Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Escort Rs Cosworth.

Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default i found that gearkit for mt75 .did anyone tryied before?

tell your opinion .. they ask good money http://www.sqsracing.com/kategorie-p...racing-gearbox
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
docwatson
Virgin
 
docwatson's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Germany
Posts: 9
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L12w04Zd8Vc

docwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
is noisy gearkit i think is straight cut ..i send email to them they say in the future they will make gearkits again .did you tryied them ?
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
docwatson
Virgin
 
docwatson's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Germany
Posts: 9
Default

That's my car on the video
It is a semi straight cut gear kit. For sure it's very noisy and you should
like it if you think about a order.
We bought two kits from SQS and both fits very well in the MT75 casing.
The kits are using the normal MT75 synchrones, so shifting is the same
as before I install the kit. Since installation I only drove 500 miles, so I can't
say much about it, but till now it's good. SQS said, that they sold many of
this kits even to guys who drives over 400hp in their Cossies and they
never had a broken one.
docwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
That's my car on the video
It is a semi straight cut gear kit. For sure it's very noisy and you should
like it if you think about a order.
We bought two kits from SQS and both fits very well in the MT75 casing.
The kits are using the normal MT75 synchrones, so shifting is the same
as before I install the kit. Since installation I only drove 500 miles, so I can't
say much about it, but till now it's good. SQS said, that they sold many of
this kits even to guys who drives over 400hp in their Cossies and they
never had a broken one.
thanks mate very helpful .is it true that the 1 gear longer ?also how much did you paid for them ?inc vat
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
docwatson
Virgin
 
docwatson's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Germany
Posts: 9
Default

Yes, the 1st gear is a bit longer. Think the gear ratio is better for modified YB`s
I pay 1700 Euro for it incl. VAT, delivery i can`t remember
docwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
Yes, the 1st gear is a bit longer. Think the gear ratio is better for modified YB`s
I pay 1700 Euro for it incl. VAT, delivery i can`t remember
yes the first must be longer is better .1700 is very good price ..is very difficult to fit the gear kit inside ? i see is many parts
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
docwatson
Virgin
 
docwatson's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Germany
Posts: 9
Default

Hmm, don`t know what is difficult in your eyes... You need a couple of special
tools to fit the SQS-kit into the MT75 casing. Without them, it will be very
difficult
docwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
Hmm, don`t know what is difficult in your eyes... You need a couple of special
tools to fit the SQS-kit into the MT75 casing. Without them, it will be very
difficult
i found that http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/MT75_Gearbox

Last edited by sierrafun; 05-02-2012 at 04:41 PM.
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
andy escos
Capt Chaos
 
andy escos's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny Devon
Posts: 6,290
Andy Chapman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
Yes, the 1st gear is a bit longer. Think the gear ratio is better for modified YB`s
I pay 1700 Euro for it incl. VAT, delivery i can`t remember
1700 euro that is very cheap do they do a straight cut dog box or are they all synchro box,s

you have got the sequential box not h pattern .?
__________________
500+BHP 4X4 ZAKSPEED ESCORT GROUP 5 FULL RESTO, SOON TO LOOK LIKE THIS,,

TAKE A LOOK AT MY GROUP 5 ZAKSPEED ESCORT REPLICA RESTORATION
Clicky
andy escos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
docwatson
Virgin
 
docwatson's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Germany
Posts: 9
Default

I don`t know, if they do a straight cut dog kit...? You have to
ask Petr from SQS-Racing
I have the semi straight cut one with synchrones, no sequential box.
docwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy escos View Post
1700 euro that is very cheap do they do a straight cut dog box or are they all synchro box,s

you have got the sequential box not h pattern .?
yes they have a straight cut . is more expensive .3000+
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
I don`t know, if they do a straight cut dog kit...? You have to
ask Petr from SQS-Racing
I have the semi straight cut one with synchrones, no sequential box.
http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/MT75_Gearbox here i see many parts that must fit
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
R5COS
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 1,300
Default

would suit most budgets who cant afford a straight cut
__________________
R5COS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
sierrafun
Regular Contributor
 
sierrafun's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R5COS View Post
would suit most budgets who cant afford a straight cut
does someboby have a video fiting a gearbox ?
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
PassionFord
Ford Focus




Paid Advertisement


 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Tags
cosworth, customer, gear, kit, mt75, needed, racing, sqs, synchro, tools

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - JOBS



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 PM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2