Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Lagging bodyparts

Search this Thread

Old 30-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lagging bodyparts

Everyone has a laggin bodypart as nothing grows at the same rate so here are some of my thoughts on the topic.

IMO its impossisble to train everything with the same intensity and focus and this usually results in one or more bodyparts lagging behind.

Therefore to overcome this you can change your workouts to focus on the lagging bodypart. Lets take triceps as an example

Triceps get a workout when trained independently and when doing chest and shoulders.

Therefore first off, you maybe overtraining them if you do cehst, shoulders and triceps training close together.

They are also traditionally trained after other muscles groups such as chest and shoulders, as this forms part of a warmup. However, it can also knacker them so you cannot stress them enough when you train them afterwards.

Therefore the first thing i suggest is to move triceps training on a day of their own. Maybe with biceps and turn it into an arm day.

I would also suggest training them first in a workout.

THe other thing that you will have to do when focusing on a lagging bodypart is sacrifice another bodyparts training. In this case I would put Chest and shoulders together early in the week and then do triceps on their own last thing in the week to give them time to recover from chest/shoulder day and to then also give them the weekend to recover afterwards.

This sort of variation to a tr4aining schedule can be used anytime you feel something is lagging behind. But I wuld only do it for 4-6 weeks and then revert back to the orginal training schedule or focus on another lagging bodypart.

As another example. I have neglected my hamstring traing as of late and so have moved hamstrings to first on the list on leg day. I have sacrificed some sets on quad training but its only for the short term.

Hope this helps

Paul.
Old 31-12-2005, 08:47 AM
graham c
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default training

i train 2 musles at a time ie cheast, backs of arms/sruggs, biceps then back and legs you can do stumoch when ever ?i did do three and it takes ages i think this way is better, try it
Old 31-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no way I could ever train anything else with legs , and I would never do biceps before back as it would ruin the back workout. I can't do anymore than two bodyparts in one session - one major and one minor. The major one first unless I am focusing on a lagging bodypart as described above.