Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

fasted cardio??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:59 AM
creator
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default fasted cardio??

now iv bought a house ect i dont have time to get the gym ect yet and wont for the forseable future,so to loose abit more timber i want to start running before i go to work,i have done fasted cardio before but only on an excercise bike,but now il be running on the road is it best to do it fasted?
or will i loose to much energy having nothing in me?
if it is best to eat something before i run how long before?
and what?

thanks guys
Old 05-03-2014, 09:13 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

As long as you watch your diet and it's weight loss you're after then fasted cardio is good. I have a protein shake before fasted cardio so I don't loose any lean muscle. But if that not your goal then I'd go on empty. You'd be surprised how much energy you still have. Also, if your a coffee drinker, this is the best time to have your morning coffee.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:52 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Coffee with a little bit of almond milk.handfull of amino acids is what I do every morning before my half hour power walk on treadmill in spare room.works a treat for me.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:38 AM
creator
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by muz
As long as you watch your diet and it's weight loss you're after then fasted cardio is good. I have a protein shake before fasted cardio so I don't loose any lean muscle. But if that not your goal then I'd go on empty. You'd be surprised how much energy you still have. Also, if your a coffee drinker, this is the best time to have your morning coffee.
Cheers muz,got my diet sorted now mate now im living with the missus its much better im eating 3 meals aday instead of 2 large ones.
Ill try without protein for the first month or so and see how i feel,and no mate dont drink coffee cant stand the stuff