Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Advice What Should I Be Working On In Gym

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Umi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice What Should I Be Working On In Gym

Im 20 years old finally started the gym now im around 5ft 10 and 14 stones, not in the best of shape to be fair. What should i be working on im looking to lose the weight and belly then build at the moment. How should i do it how many days a week etc and juat cardio or weights.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM
HarryRS
Regular Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sort your diet out before anything.. Most important thing when it comes to training its more 60 percent diet and 40 percent training!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:21 PM
MO

Think you should start with stamina training which will also get you more toned and lose whatever weight you want to, maybe cross trainer and conditioning excercises with dumbells and cable machine, if you then decide you want to do serious mass muscle training then go from there but that's what I would do, but I agree with above you need to get the diet and nutrition balance right. You may find these exercises a bit boring to start with but all training is about persistence.if you have a mate to go with then great, if you don't take an iPod or something to keep your focus..
Old 13-02-2013, 06:11 PM
jamescosworth
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by HarryRS
Sort your diet out before anything.. Most important thing when it comes to training its more 60 percent diet and 40 percent training!
best bit of advice going!!
Old 14-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Mk4 Rick
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At the gym i go to there is a guy who works on the doors in manchester.He used to be a hefty bloke at 30st but strong as well,one night some one smack him hard and the bloke couldnt react quick enough so he took up running on the machine and started boxing everyone took the piss out of him thinking he would give up.One year later he is around 19stone he told me but he was at it nearly everyday working hard.I felt really happy for him.Anything is possible if you work hard at it
Old 14-02-2013, 09:01 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryRS
This.

Although if it's weightloss you're after then I'd say it's more like 75% diet!