Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

going back to the gym... need advise

Search this Thread

Old 18-06-2012, 09:28 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default going back to the gym... need advise

Hi guys I was going to the gym last year regularly but stopped due to starting a new job and not having time, but want to start going again, as I drink 2 litres of water in a bottle at work would it be beneficial to add my whey protein mix into the bottle and drink during the day to boost my calorie intake as I have a fast metabolism and struggled to see much gains before ( I just built up my core strength but didn't get much bigger)
My whey protein is the phd pharma whey protein. How many scoops should I put in my bottle of water (2litres) as when I started using this towards the end it seemed to be helping but I only used it for about a month at most
Old 19-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your goals? How often are you getting the the gym now and whats your training like?

I wouldn't think whey protein in your water would help much tbh. Weight gainer might be more suitable but you should be having is as well as the water. Whats stopping you from eating real food?? What are you actually consuming during the day?
Old 19-06-2012, 10:37 AM
FIESTA CHRIS H

I'm aiming to get stronger and bulk up. I'm eating about 2500 calories a day but want 2 eat more calories than that tbh which is why I wondered about adding 2 the water as I'm already drinking the water and it may help with calorie intake. I'm going gym 2-3 times a week for about an hour
Old 19-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Kieron

Bit vague mate.

Bulk up as is muscle size? Or just bigger overall?

What are the macros of those colories. Protein, carbs fat?

What do you do in the gym?
Old 20-06-2012, 02:40 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H

Sorry mate bulk up in muscle size. I'm not sure what u mean by macros. Mainly working on chest, shoulders and legs but I've only gone back in the last 2 weeks so not pushing the amounts I was before I stopped so just trying 2 build up my core strength at the moment. I'm about 5"5 and about 9st haven't weighed myself recently how many calories should I be eating 2 put weight on as I have a fast metabolism and never seem 2 add weight
Old 20-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Kieron

Macros = Carbs, proteins, fats. How much of each are you consuming? Forget calories. You can eat 6000 calories of shite and look like that or 6000 clean calories and lose fat!
Old 21-06-2012, 04:15 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H

I'll look closer at this and come back to u mate been mainly worrying about calories up till this point
Thanks chris.