Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

3 month bulk (pics) 152lb-180lb-177lb

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 month bulk (pics) 152lb-180lb-177lb

Had a little dabble with going to the gym last year for a few months but always had a resonable base (shape) to start with but always been around 10.5/11st (around the 152lb mark)

but when my mom passed away in january (rip mom) i decided to get myself back down the gym around 3 months ago and hit it hard!!

i did dirty bulk to get the calories down me to put the size on fast and help with recovery, hence why the 180lb is in the title, but the last few weeks i have started cutting most of the dirty foods out my died to shed a little body fat but to still keep building decent muscle mass..

my current weight is 177lb (body fat unknown)

Picture of me 3 months ago at 152lb

IMG_0192.jpg

and some pictures today at the gym (slightly pumped)

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Goals are to drop some more bodyfat while get to around 185lb, dont want to get to big just want to look healthy and toned

any comments good or bad and any input welcome
Old 01-05-2012, 06:20 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

Good work. I've just gone from 18.5 stone to 16.3

Been in gym tonight trying to get rid of the flabby bits
Old 01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good size gain.the natural route?face has a bit of bloat as if it's from gear but that can just be the dirty cals also.you getting enough water in?only advice I'd give is 5 litres per day and drop in 3g or so of vit c.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Thanks guys, ye all natural (wouldn't lie as I don't think there's a problem with gear if done right and my gym partner has jabbed before)

I do drink water but maybe not quite enough, havnt noticed the bloaty face tbh, was getting red faced but being as my uncles a doctor and trains himself he said it could be from the fats from dirty bulking and raised blood pressure (another reason for cutting some rubbish out)

Il try the vit c and extra water n see if it helps with things
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Itl defo help mate.yeh am a gear user myself so just giving advice if it was that.blood pressure wise get some hawthorn berry tabs and some celery seed extract.i had high blood pressure an it defo helped.also some herbal teas with hibiscus in them are meant to work but haven't tried them myself.keep up the good work as its defo working.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
CosworthGuy
3dr Cosworth owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Athletic bastard lol. Well done fella. I used to go to the gym many many moons ago but really cant get motivated anymore and really really should.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:58 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

The Last week I have cut a lot of the dirty foods out my diet and replaced them with turkey, lean mince, oats, veg and fruits, I'm loosing fat but think I'm looking skinny :/

Feel better, not so greasy skin, not getting red faced (blood pressure) but just wondering whether to add a meal with a lot of calories in once a day to keep the calories up.

Would I be loosing muscle mass with my new diet or would it just be fat?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
stevenebm
post whore

As long as the protein is high you won't be losing muscle.itl just be the water etc that you have put on.if you want to keep the cals a bit higher add a tablespoon of flaxseed oil or olive oil to each meal.I was up at 16st 5 and looked great in a t shirt.but its amazing how much crap you can actually hold.now just over 14st and tho I feel skinny with a t shirt on I'm looking way better without.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Any pics of you at 16.5 n 14 bud?

Really need to get my body fat % done, havnt got clue what i am now :/
Old 02-05-2012, 11:05 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Haven't got any pics at up at 16 stone as I wouldnt take pics as said I felt crap with the top off.picture from last Monday at the start of my diet.top abs are visible when I tense it's just round my lower I hold all my fat as my legs are lean.will do an update in about 6 weeks to show progress.

And one of my legs I took a few months back and have leaned up since then.il get some complete pics when I'm done and see how things have went.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:42 PM
bazzal
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Thats a good bulk for 3 months mate, well done. i'm currently on a cut, 3 months in and i'm down from 103kg, to just under 98kg, just need to get the fat off to see the definition, but it's slowly getting there, may be introducing clen into the mix to see what effect that has.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Good bulk mate, looks like its going well.

Are you tall? Seem to have long limbs, very similar to myself. Personally, due to your high lat insertions, I would be hitting deadlifts, shrugs, bent over rows and t-bars more. Your back and traps are slightly lagging over the arms and shoulders. Need to thicken them up. Can't tell on chest due to vest on pics but I suspect its all in the bottom half of your chest?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm 5'8.5

Yh I have a big lower chest but lack up (even though The upper is developing)

Il concentrate on doing more of the above exercises next back session
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Kieron

Does that .5" mean alot to you?

TBH I thought you looked taller, as in 6ft+. You definately have the same body shape as me. I struggled with flat traps for years but lots of heavy shrugs and the other exercises have really helped bring it up. Maybe too much.

Do you do alot of shoulder presses? Front head looks good but that may be from flat benching? Personally I would slow up on pressing and get lots of controlled side raises in, upright rows and bent over raises too for a while. The rear delt will be brought up with the bor so doesn't need as much as side.

Keep it up mate, looking good.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

It does tbf haha (.5 matters)

Yh I do agree my middles of my shoulders need more work (have been hitting them hard last couple of shoulder days)

Mainly areas on upper body I'm focusing on are traps, middle shoulder and shaping upper chest

upper legs are growing well, but my calves are taking time to see gains..

Just going to finish off my bag of muscletech mass gainer (using it for the extra calories) But will be switching over to a whey isolate when I run out (week or so) and see if I noticed a difference..
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Anyone guess roughly my body fat? Ideally need it testing
Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Kieron

Hard to tell as you will be watery. I'd say around 16-18%.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Ah right, as said Ideally need to get my bf tested ASAP, if you are close at your guess I would like to be around the 10-12% mark

After starting dieting last week, I literally dropped 5lb in days which obviously must have been water but now (same diet) back upto 178lb :/

How tips to keep the water off and get more definiton?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:41 PM
cossiedrift
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

How often do u train? and what have you been eating? as that's seems an impressive gain to me.
Im trying to bulk but need advise
Old 16-05-2012, 01:22 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bonus_boy
Thanks guys, ye all natural (wouldn't lie as I don't think there's a problem with gear if done right and my gym partner has jabbed before)

I do drink water but maybe not quite enough, havnt noticed the bloaty face tbh, was getting red faced but being as my uncles a doctor and trains himself he said it could be from the fats from dirty bulking and raised blood pressure (another reason for cutting some rubbish out)

Il try the vit c and extra water n see if it helps with things
no way is that done naturally in 3 months. your either taking the gear or have the genetics of clark kent. 2 stone in 12 weeks naturally,prob anything from 1/4 to 1/2 stone in fat gained and around 1.5 stone in muscle in 12 weeks. all done naturally???? hahaha

ill take you back last year when you were just about to start taking the gear.

vvvvvvvvvvv

https://passionford.com/forum/fitnes...turinabol.html

as the guy above asked whats your diet,id like to see this physics defying diet that gets you over 1.5 stone of muscle in 12 weeks

Last edited by JamboRS; 16-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:05 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

As I have said, I don't see a problem with year if done correctly, but I wouldnt touch it!!

If it's messing about with cells to make you grow more obviously you have more chance of abnormal cells growing, ie cancer! And why would I want that when my mom passed away because of it only 4months ago,

So yes it's all natural and my diet was shit but what I though I needed, anything and everything, ok i had the energy in the gym to lift but put on a lot of unwanted fat..

Have been eating very well the last 3weeks or so and the fat is coming off naturally due to fast metabolism, not looking as bloaty but harder and shaping up well imo, dropped about 7lbs of fat so far but gaining some muscle also.

Will update with pictures soon
Old 21-05-2012, 03:46 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bonus_boy
As I have said, I don't see a problem with year if done correctly, but I wouldnt touch it!!

If it's messing about with cells to make you grow more obviously you have more chance of abnormal cells growing, ie cancer! And why would I want that when my mom passed away because of it only 4months ago,

So yes it's all natural and my diet was shit but what I though I needed, anything and everything, ok i had the energy in the gym to lift but put on a lot of unwanted fat..

Have been eating very well the last 3weeks or so and the fat is coming off naturally due to fast metabolism, not looking as bloaty but harder and shaping up well imo, dropped about 7lbs of fat so far but gaining some muscle also.

Will update with pictures soon
post your diet?

id like to try this diet that put 1.5 stone of muscle on in 12 weeks and still makes you build muscle while your on a cut.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:38 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

I have already stated I was dirty bulking so anything and everything as I'm a hard gainer (but not gained the best 2 stone I could have)

And where does it say I gained 1.5 stone of muscle, that's not possible. I gained 2 stone in weight.

I looked a lot bigger obviously but it's how I held it, mixture of muscle, fat and water..

Dirty bulking is not as good as made out to be.

I'm now eating lots of

Turkey
Chicken
Spinach
Broccoli
Brown rice
Whole meal bread (not the best but better then White)
Eggs
Sweet potatoes
Fruit (bananas and oranges)

Switched from weight gainers to a decent whey isolate (optimum nutrition whey and casien before bed)

And drinking lots of water

Im not doing any cardio as my fast metabolism is shifting some of the fat for me at the moment but I will be doing some jogging etc once a week to start off with soon and see how my body takes to it so I cam make the right changes.

This games all about trial and error and seeing what works best for your own body which I seem to be learning every step of the way
Old 27-05-2012, 04:01 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not an expert by any means, but that is good going in three months of natural building. I would have been confident that the gain was more 'gear' related, but shows what I know. Well done mate.
Old 31-05-2012, 11:17 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Keeping this thread alive,

Been on quite a strict diet the last 3 coming unto 4 weeks now,

Breakfast:

Oatmeal with water (sprinkle of cinnamon)
2 scoops of protein (optimum nutrition whey)
capsule of flax seed oil

Workout

Post workout:

Protein shake
Medium banana (help the protein absorb)

Meal:

Turkey breast seasoned with cayenne pepper (to aid fat loss) with brown rice and broccoli

Meal:

Can of tuna and veg

Snack:

Piece of wholemeal bread with almond butter
Capsule of flax seed oil

Meal:

Turkey breast seasoned with cayenne pepper (to aid fat loss), brown rice with veg

Meal:

Turkey breast seasoned with cayenne pepper (to aid fat loss) and veg

Before bed:

Half a small tub of low fat cottage cheese (ran out of casien protein)

Drinking around 3 litres of water a day which I have noticed help with betting rid of the unneeded water weight.

I have dropped down to 172lb at the moment, feel nice without a top on but skinny as hell with.

Only thing I'm worried about but not sure how I could have done it differently is before I was eating 4k calories a day dirty bulking with anything and everything to a very healthy 2k calories, 150/200g carbs, approx 200g protein and good fats from the flax and almond butter, calories are very important but not sure how I can get another thousand in my diet so the rapid calorie drop won't cause problems and muscle loss.

Last edited by bonus_boy; 31-05-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 31-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Kieron

What are the macros of those meals? You want about 50g of carbs and 200g of protein. Uncooked weights. I'm finding mince to be the cheapest options atm for my protein source.

Add in another ltr of water and 2g of vit C so that you don't hold it.

TBH it doesn't look like your far off now. Maybe up the protein a little? Can't hurt.
Old 31-05-2012, 02:07 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Have to agree with you on the mince, regularly making me homemade turkey burgers with spinach and low fat cheese inside

I'm not 100% with the macros etc, really need to find out my stable weight and exactly what macros I need ( still new to this game ) but trying to learn as fast as I can.

Il try the extra litre and vit c, but that little carbs sounds crazy!!
Old 31-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Kieron

If you're cutting then you want low carbs. Thats per meal BTW just incase there is any confusion lol and you are having 4/5 of those a day so tis more than you are stating above.. The protein is high so it should be right for a decent recomp (losing fat whilst holding/gaining muscle). Unless you are going full on keto you need to keep carb loading so your metabolism doesn't shut down. If keto then you need to have the cheap meal/day for the very same reason.

I would say have about 75g of oats for breakfast too.
Old 31-05-2012, 03:10 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

My stable comatose state requires 1,857.9cals to maintain weight x 1.6 (roughly) for my lifestyle.

If i have calculated correctly my calorie requirement is 2972 cals but would aim more 3,100cals

Protein 172g-258g = 688cals-1,032cals

Fat 86g = 774cals

Total 1,806cals at 258g protein

Difference in cals is around 1300cals at 200g protein a day

Not sure where I want to gain those extra 1300 calories from protein/carbs/fats that I need

Last edited by bonus_boy; 31-05-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 31-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Kieron

TBH I have never counted the calories. Actually counting macros is very new to me too! Just trying something new at the moment to see where it takes me. Things can get very confusing for my tiny brain.

If the weight is coming off nicely then leave the carbs. Try and be at the higher end of the protein scale you have given as your body cannot convert that to fat. Try adding EVOO into your meals to add in good fat and calories.
Old 31-05-2012, 03:51 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Weights coming off but want to be on the side of keeping/gaining muscle mass rather then keeping/loosing muscle mass.

As i have quite a active lifestyle I think I'm going to up my carbs. Maybe 300/350g for a few weeks which will bring more calories but not to much that my body can't burn off

What's EVOO pal?
Old 31-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Kieron

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Old 31-05-2012, 06:16 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

My day off today and I have spent it trying to rack my brain around macronutrients and micronutrients, good fats bad fats etc etc etc!!!!

Think it's enough for one day lol

At the moment 19:25pm I have consumed

170g protein
150g carbs
40g fat

2,500 cals

Or there abouts, really want to get my diet down to a 'T' then hopefully get used to it all so not be so much of a chore

Last edited by bonus_boy; 31-05-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Now!! After I know more about nutrients and exactly what figures I should be hitting for my goal..

So far today (last meal was at 13:40pm)

Calories-1,786.9 (1,413.1g left)
Carbs-171.9g (687.9 cals)
Protein-152g (608 cals)
Fats-39.5g (355.5 cals)
Old 01-06-2012, 06:12 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

After getting my head around macro nutrients All day yesterday I think I have done well today just not sure if it's possible to keep it up 24/7 :/

Broke down the meals and macros from this morning till now..

First off, BMR is 1852 calories

Quite active so 1.5, 2781 calories to maintain weigh

+10% to gain weight = 3059
-10% to loose weight = 2503

Went for the gain weight (just stopped cutting from 181 to 172, now want to slowly build muscle properly)

Breakfast 8:40am

112g oatmeal 426cal/70g carb/13.2 pro/9.6 fat
60g protein shake 226cal/3.2 carb/48.8 pro/2g fat
Flax seed capsule 9 cal/1g fat

Total cals 661/ carbs 73.2/ pro 62g/ fat 11.6

WORKOUT - 10am

Post workout 11.25am

Protein shake 60g 226cal/3.2 carb/44.8 pro/2g fat
X2 White bread slices 224cal/42 carb/8.2 pro/2.2g fat
10g peanut butter 55.9 cal/3.5 carb/2g pro/3.7g fat

Total cals 505.9/ 48.9carb/55g pro/7.9 fat

At 11.45 am I have consumed 1,166.9 cals, 121.9g carbs, 117g protein and 19.5g fat

13.40pm meal

Brown rice. 620 cals/ 50g carbs/ 35g protein/ 20g fat
Minced turkey
Peppers
Chilli
Garlic
Tomato
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil

16.00pm meal

Cheat meal to bump calories

Big mac burger 490cals/ 40.8g carbs/ 28g pro/ 25g fat
Flax seed capsule 9 cals/ 1g fat

16.30 intake 2,285.9 calories, 212.7 carbs, 180g protein and 66.3g fat

18.00pm meal

150g Turkey breast 200 cals/50g protein/3g fat
125g brown rice 170cals/32.1 carbs/2.8gfat
5ml extra virgin olive oil 41cals/4.5g fat

My next meal is around 9pm.

I have consumed:

2,736 calories (317 remaining)
244g carbs (56g carbs remaining)
234g protein (in the safe zone)
77g fat (max 9g remaining)

That's to hit the 3,059 calories goal
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Kieron

Slightly too many carbs for your bw imho. Depends if you are still trying to drop fat? I'm not having that many @ 100+kgs.

See how it goes for a couple of weeks then tweek accordingly though.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

After knowing about macros and knowing what I have to eat etc to hit them I have no way been hitting them since stopping bulking, kept protein intake high so hopefully not dropped much muscle mass.

I'm bulking now knowing about macros and doing it properly with as little fat gain as I can (as that's the only reason I stopped bulking)

Are the carbs still to high on a bulk at 10%?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Kieron

I thought you were cutting, sorry. Carbs seem OK. Just see how your body reacts, you can always adjust as you go. What works for one doesn't have the same effect for someone else.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Old pics that I have posted in the past..

Look and feel the same when I look in the mirror, but pictures defo help to see what you have gained
Old 08-06-2012, 04:28 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Few pics from about 10 days ago, clean'er' bulking now with smaller amounts of fat gain which i should have done the first time..

12st 2lb in these pics, trying to gain no more then 2lb a month ideally so will be quailty gains.

random015.jpg

random014.jpg

random016.jpg

Quick Reply: 3 month bulk (pics) 152lb-180lb-177lb