Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Hows everyones training going this year????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows everyones training going this year????

As title says really, how is everyones training going this year so far?

Mine has been really enjoyable this year so far, only drunk alcohol once this year, which has been a big help and my diet has been super clean..
Old 06-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

OK.

Trying to cut a bit up until March, down about 10lbs so far. Kinda frustrating though, not getting as much cardio in as i'd like, few reasons but all in my control so need to toughen up and do it,

Going to start going out in the AM before breakfast for 40mins run 4x a week.

Despite losing weight my lifts are still aruond the same. Benched 3 plates a side for the first time last week which is a huge milestone. Also deadlifted 270kg this year and squatted 210kg.

Looking for more sets and reps now as opposed to heavy singles though so not been maxing out very often.

Not been drinking which has helped the weight loss and kept me fresh for cardio at weekends! Big help imo. Drink is a diet ruiner, no doubt. Have dieted whilst drinking and whilst not drinking, MUCH easier without the dead calories in lager etc...! And the hangovers making me skip the gym/cardio.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ALSO...

I've always been a fan of epic cheat days/afternoons once a week, especially when dieting.

This time though i've been much more reserved. Limiting it to a cheat meal, nothing crazy and i haven't noticed any difference at all in terms of weight loss.

Cheat afternoon is essential for my sanity! I need it to motivate me and give me something to look forward to. Then after i eat 5000cals+ of shite i feel bad and get a good bit of drive/determination for the coming week.

So scheduled cheats are good imo.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:44 PM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

I do have one cheat meal a week myself like you said to keep sanity in check lol. But my training has changed alot in regards to the way I train, it used to be about lifting the heaviest weight I could, which I did see good results with but now I want to tone up alot for my holiday in may.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

I've just booked holiday so I've got 5 months to make my chest stick out more than my belly.

Started cleaning the diet up, and drinking much less alcohol, can see a differance already.

Using some grenade fat burners at the minute aswell as increasing the cardio.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Still plodding along. Currently trying to cut up and see if there are any abs down there. Something I have half heartedly tried a couple of times before but this time I have a new weapon in my arsenal... 30 Mins cardio x 4 pw on top of the 6 weightlifting sessions, although the end of last week and this weekend were a bit of time off. Cardio is something I havent done for years and years so I am looking forward to seeing what impact it has..

I have also tried to tidy my diet up a bit, getting more protein in, but I am not that committed (or have the willpower) to stick at it full time. I never plan on getting on stage so just do as much as I can without it taking over my life. I don't normally eat sweets at all but Jelly Babies & Wine Gums come to the forefront of my mind when eating chicken and eggs all day after a couple of weeks. My body likes to fuck with me and craves bad things!

I plan on keeping this cardio in until I achieve abs then see where it goes from there. Hoping to maintain a fairly low BF % from then on. Max lifts have suffered slightly but I don't really care tbh. My ego is always left at the gym door.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Kieron

Oh and I can't cut out the alcohol. That said its not heavy sessions every night. Just share a bottle or two of wine with the wife at weekends. Its become a bit of a ritual tbh, bottle of wine on a Friday to chill and kick the weekend off. Also usually have one on a Saturday too.

I am trying to be good though as December was exceptionally heavy for me food and drink wise. I even turned down drink yesterday at the outlaws and tbh thats all I usually have to drag me through the experience!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Training is ok so far.have got a niggle in my right calf that is stopping me training legs heavy.also done 6 weeks keto diet eating the same thing day in an day out 7 days a week.was starting to get a bit obsessed so backed off diet a bit and enjoying more food now with some crap food on a saturday.as coldo says I think a cheat day is needed as I don't see much difference when I don't have it.infact usually when I do have it I wake up looking sharper on the Sunday morning.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

Think ive finally realised that diet is the key, ive always trained and trained hard but since starting to diet and cutting out the drink ive noticed massive changes..

Maybee, and its very big maybee, my six pack might be showing itself for my holiday again after many years of hibernation lol....
Old 07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by P412KER
As title says really, how is everyones training going this year so far?
Slow is how it's going. I'm not growing (other than my belly) and it's starting to annoy me. I've gone back to being rather more strict with form, seeing if it helps.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

going ok

im gonna be fucking massive this year

bring on the big gh course
Old 08-02-2012, 05:28 PM
mobb-black
Regular Contributor

I've started lifting seriously again after a 2yr break having a baby. Bench has dropped to 40kg from 135kg its depressing.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by v man
going ok

im gonna be fucking massive this year

bring on the big gh course
Make sure and buy some branded gh.that Chinese generic stuff is shit.or find a junkie with a dwarf kid and get some pharma grade.that would be awesome
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Originally Posted by stevenebm
Make sure and buy some branded gh.that Chinese generic stuff is shit.or find a junkie with a dwarf kid and get some pharma grade.that would be awesome
im all good in that department

one of my mates is a champ body builder so all my stuff comes from him
and the gym i train in has over 20 years of producing winning physiques

they want me on stage this year but not really my thing
Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
RUBY123
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gh great for that pregnant look lol
Old 10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Originally Posted by RUBY123
Gh great for that pregnant look lol
wtf

care to share what you mean as i dont know what your talking about
and im not to sure you do ????
Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Chaz888

Not a weight man myself just the kung -fu for me and floor work press ups 40-50 reps 0-90 50-60 reps sit-ups 30-40 still not good enought so my mondays off will be more dedicted to it and still have the odd smoke which is a bit dumb fuck of me as its not helping , just need to keep pushing !
Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 PM
RUBY123

Originally Posted by v man
wtf

care to share what you mean as i dont know what your talking about
and im not to sure you do ????
Lol it bloats the belly out and gives the pregnant look if you don't know that I would advise you don't take it
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Lol it bloats the belly out and gives the pregnant look if you don't know that I would advise you don't take it
Prove it?let me see a study on gh that says it gives bodybuilders distented guts.not saying your wrong but I would like to read what you have.cheers.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
bubs_rsturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

going well! using more stright gorm these days! make me cringe looking at some of the guys in my gym slinging the weight around with shocking form. chasing numbers!

off to the army in 2 months so im staying lean and mean abs are out nicely im currently 14 st 1 @ 6ft
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
RUBY123

Originally Posted by stevenebm
Prove it?let me see a study on gh that says it gives bodybuilders distented guts.not saying your wrong but I would like to read what you have.cheers.
Prove it doesn't it also makes your hands grow
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

i can't get the motivation i need to drag my lazy getting fat arse back in the gym. Kind of annoying myself tbh, as it's costing me Ł38 a month for the privy
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Kieron

Prove it doesn't it also makes your hands grow
He's not making any claims, you are. Therefore back them up.

TBH I couldn't give a fuck either way but if you come out with something be prepared to back it up when it's questioned.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
RUBY123

Originally Posted by Kieron
He's not making any claims, you are. Therefore back them up.

TBH I couldn't give a fuck either way but if you come out with something be prepared to back it up when it's questioned.
commenting on it means that you do give a fuck also judging by other post you have made you seem knowledgeable so you know full well what i put is fact so in my eyes makes you look a prat lol.also as with steroids there are no real studies carried out with the body builder in mind as body builders abuse all substances compared to the designed function and dosage but any way here are a few links i pulled off google

http://www.somatropin.net/hgh-sideeffects.htm
http://www.humangrowthhormones.in/hu...e-effects.html
http://www.carefair.com/Skincare/Ant...ging_3816.html
http://www.forbodybuilders.net/2010/...cts-burn-fats/
http://www.ehow.com/about_5435110_hg...e-effects.html
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
RUBY123

also id like to point out my knowledge isn't based on written literature it is solely based on first had experience from stupid friends that walk round looking pregnant lol with giant hands
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Kieron

You assume I am knowledgeable, assume I give a fuck and assume I am a prat. You my friend can fuck off as arguing with an idiot I dont have time for.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 PM
RUBY123

shot in the dark here have you been drinking tonight
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Kieron

Nope, another wrong guess
Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
RUBY123

you would say that lol
Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Kieron

Yeah true. lol Not eactly one that can be proved either way. Which leads us back to GH....

lol.

I've been drawn into something that I honestly do not care about either way. I just didn't think your retort back to Stevenbm asking him to prove it was very sportsman. He merely asked you politely for some evidence to back up your claim. Nothing wrong with trying to learn up on things. Maybe he wants to do some? Who knows, I do know though that it didn't make me look a prat and that turning on me, like you did him, shows you are more likely to have been on the piss tonight than I have.

Anyway, I'm not into internet bickering. I'm out, and wish you a pleasant evening.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 AM
RUBY123

just found this is quite long and ive only just skipped through it but seems interesting no doubt will be bias against steroids and hgh but good none the less. from watching just a bit i thought the organ growth associated from hgh was a myth like an enlarged heart and so on but apparently is fact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmapuAdTtcU
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 AM
RUBY123

Yeah true. lol Not eactly one that can be proved either way. Which leads us back to GH....

lol.

I've been drawn into something that I honestly do not care about either way. I just didn't think your retort back to Stevenbm asking him to prove it was very sportsman. He merely asked you politely for some evidence to back up your claim. Nothing wrong with trying to learn up on things. Maybe he wants to do some? Who knows, I do know though that it didn't make me look a prat and that turning on me, like you did him, shows you are more likely to have been on the piss tonight than I have.

Anyway, I'm not into internet bickering. I'm out, and wish you a pleasant evening.
by the way i dont drink never have
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Ruby I can't prove it doesn't make your hands grow.internal organs etc.i don't think your friends are walking around with giant hands either as I doubt they have used that much gh of good quality to do so,I'm surprised that no pro bodybuilders have this problem with giant hands tho I do beleave gh has something to do with the "pregnant" look as you call it as the amount of growth etc I would expect them to use could do that to the internal organs.again like keiron I'm not getting in to an argument about it as we aren't experts but I have used loads of hgh up to 20ius per day and for me all it did was lose fat on my mid section and keep me lean on cycle.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
RUBY123

giant hands was a joke there not giant hands just larger than they once was. also my mate is on it year round and his gh gut is now so bad he has to hold it in when walking around as he looks strange but has abs so is happy lol. its hard to determine the exact cause of it as hgh isn't studied to the extremes that body builders use it for. for example what it is intended for they would probably start you off on 0.5 ius and in a week no more than 10ius total were as you mentioned 20 ius a day so possibly 140 ius a week opposed to 10 ius is a vast differenced of intended use. some say its the intestines growing and pushing on the abdominal wall some even say its a myth and hgh gut doesn't even exists i think that point is laughable but its not affecting me so its up to them
Old 13-02-2012, 02:29 PM
smokey

Still plodding along. Currently trying to cut up and see if there are any abs down there. Something I have half heartedly tried a couple of times before but this time I have a new weapon in my arsenal... 30 Mins cardio x 4 pw on top of the 6 weightlifting sessions, although the end of last week and this weekend were a bit of time off.
Are you doing your cardio straight after your weights? I don't have a lot of time, so wondering whether this approach is a good idea if I want to see my abs?
Old 13-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Kieron

Originally Posted by smokey
Are you doing your cardio straight after your weights? I don't have a lot of time, so wondering whether this approach is a good idea if I want to see my abs?
I am doing some fasted in the morning and some during a seperate session (lunchtimes). However, if time is an issue then yes, do it after your weights session.
Old 13-02-2012, 07:29 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the intention of doing something about my ever increasing weight, but as yet cant find the motivation. I dropped nearly 3 stone a few year back and always hovered around the end weight until I was in an accident in July 2010, since then the weight has steadily increased and motivation to do anything exercise wise has vanished totally. Its only the last 4 month or so Ive been fully mobile and functional, so to speak, to train and get back out on the mountain bike, go for walks etc. Im still not allowed to go back to kickboxing which is a pisser but have been given the ok to train as normal as long as my gimpy foot sustains no impacts.

Even stepping on the scales a few weeks ago and getting a big shock hasnt enabled me to find the motivation for it all again. I havn't been this heavy from being a porker for a lot of years! My diet is shite, my daily routine is shite, my motivation level is shite.

Its a bit sickening to think that 6 year ago I was in the gym twice a day, 6 days a week and weighing in at 20st. Now Im not a kick in the arse off that weight again but for all the wrong reasons
Old 15-02-2012, 08:13 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the owner of my gym rates gh very highly... Obviously it gives the best results but is also far more expensive than others.

HOWEVER he also says to get the best results from growth u need to stack it with something else. Now if u seen this guy u would believe everything he said. People say u get a big chin and all that but its just bollox. Perhaps if you take it for long periods but the odd cycle should be fine
Old 15-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
the owner of my gym rates gh very highly... Obviously it gives the best results but is also far more expensive than others.

HOWEVER he also says to get the best results from growth u need to stack it with something else. Now if u seen this guy u would believe everything he said. People say u get a big chin and all that but its just bollox. Perhaps if you take it for long periods but the odd cycle should be fine
GH increases calcium retention so by that, bone growth is almost certainly a side effect of prolonged GH use. Hence a big chin from GH is not bollocks. I agree that one or two cycles won't change your facial structure but it is something to consider if using alot i'd say.
Old 15-02-2012, 09:39 AM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

Looks like my good start too the year may be put on hold due to playing 5 a side last night, think ive broken a bone in my right hand really p*ssed me off this.

Quick Reply: Hows everyones training going this year????