Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Abs routine

Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Abs routine

Finally going to make a new start for the new year and do some excerise. I want to know whats the best routine for abs? After trawling th einternet i have become somewahet confused saying that crunches are no good, and pay 99$ for this book and $149 for that dvd.

I am 5.9 in height and weigh bang on 11 stone, i dont have a "spare tyre" around my stomach lol, and would even go to say o have no real fat to burn as my waist is only 32" as it is.

So, my question is, what is the best abs routine to do and how quick should i see results?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You are so wrong about not loosing weight.

You will not only need to train your abs, hard and at all angles and each set but you will only see a major difference when your body fat is low enough for them to show...

Ill be honest just like your steroid thread you seem to not have the knowladge and the wrong reasons for doing these things.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

then please tell what i need to do.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You can get a good base by just doing plan simple sit ups.

Thing is you need to hit every set upper, mid and lower also obliques.

You need to train them like any other muscle group, feed them and rest them.

Diet need to be low carb, low fat and high protien also tonnes of cardio. Bodyfat needs to be under say 12% which is very hard unless your blessed with good genes.

If it was as easy as the books and so on make it out to be, and how you seem to think it is, we would all look like greek gods.

That's really simplified version. But without knowing you, your build your physicality your metabolism etc etc it's hard to say.

Last edited by JoeE30; 09-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The Sludge
then please tell what i need to do.
Have you joined a gym yet mate?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to forget about "ab" workouts and get under a bar. Squats, deadlifts, straightarm pulldowns etc etc ... Thats alll I need to train my abs.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Some people I know train abs/core 'hard' and still don't look great, some people just can't get them like others can. A lad I was at my Para Reg Assessment course with had a stomach like I have never seen. He had an eight pack that looked like hot dog buns under his skin who NEVER trained his core, he looked like the 300 film cover. I thought he was full of shit until we did our PTA and one of the tests was max sit ups in 2 mins and he managed a lowly 54, considering some of us were doing 80-90

I found a routine of medine ball twist situps, crunches and toe touches with some dumbell core weight exercises along with a good diet worked wonders, but I was training for core strength rather than a beach body, abs were just a welcome by-product.

Take me for example, I look in better shape than my cousin for example going on how my core looks, but at the gym I stuggle to keep up with him when we do the circuit. I just naturally am more that way than he is.

Mind you, take on board what others say and work the rest of your body aswell. Having a washboard stomach and skinny little arms is almost as bad as a stacked weight lifter with chicken legs.

Last edited by muz; 12-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.