Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Post work out shake

Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Phil2002
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post work out shake

What do people use on here?
Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

70g whey protein
50g maltodextrin
Water
Old 12-10-2011, 09:46 PM
bubs_rsturbo

2 scoops of whey protein
2 scoops of powdered egg albumin
1 scoop creatine
300ml water
Old 13-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Nothing, I go home and eat my tea!
Old 13-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I've just got back into going to the gym... missed it to be honest. I have 70g of whey protein.. quick question tho. It says it can be mixed with either water or milk. I mainly do cardio with a few weights after.. what's best to mix the whey with please?
Old 13-10-2011, 09:30 PM
PHILMC1978
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Westy
I've just got back into going to the gym... missed it to be honest. I have 70g of whey protein.. quick question tho. It says it can be mixed with either water or milk. I mainly do cardio with a few weights after.. what's best to mix the whey with please?
Water will not alter the protein content etc but if mixed with milk you will be increasing the overall calorie intake, protein intake (4 g per 100ml ), carb intake (5 gper 100ml ) and fat intake. All figures are approx.... Good luck with the gym, i find it difficult to find time for family, car, work and gym!
Old 13-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks.. I used to go a lot but I work late.. now that its open until 10pm its abit easier to go. Water it is then. The milk chocolate whey protein from myprotein is nice
Old 14-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Kieron

Thanks.. I used to go a lot but I work late.. now that its open until 10pm its abit easier to go. Water it is then. The milk chocolate whey protein from myprotein is nice
If you mainly do cardio then why are you taking whey protein and why with water? Seems the opposite to what you need to me.

I would have thought you would want more carbs & calories for energy?
Old 14-10-2011, 08:27 AM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i take myprotein hurricane xs in the mornin and after workout and msm once a day.
Old 14-10-2011, 03:44 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

When did everyone start using so many supplements? I`m of the old way of thinking, eat real food rather than supplements, oh well each to their own!
Old 16-10-2011, 08:06 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Coldo
70g whey protein
50g maltodextrin
Water
Why! The body can only use about 40-45g of protein in one hit, then another 45g about 2-3hours later. Give or take a tiny bit
Old 16-10-2011, 08:08 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The choc flavour contains less protein than the other flavours!
Old 16-10-2011, 10:11 PM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by mackers
When did everyone start using so many supplements? I`m of the old way of thinking, eat real food rather than supplements, oh well each to their own!

i agree with you mate but the shakes are good cause i can take as soon as my training session is finished sooner the better imo by the time i get home and eat its another 40 mins.

plus if im heading out in the car i eat before i leave the house and take a shake with me, just handy really, im eating 3 chicken fillets a day everyday then carbs veg oats fish peanutbutter ect ect so im def eating plenty lol
Old 16-10-2011, 10:12 PM
bubs_rsturbo

i just see eveything as a different tool really.

i use smelling salts for my big lifts anyone else use this?

Last edited by bubs_rsturbo; 16-10-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: i cant spell
Old 16-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
Why! The body can only use about 40-45g of protein in one hit, then another 45g about 2-3hours later. Give or take a tiny bit
Ridiculous arguement, heard it before and discounted it before.

Every single body is different. Everyones kidneys/livers/stomachs/digestive systems operate at different levels of efficiency.

Plus a 6 foot 6, 20 stone man's body needs more protein/carbs/fat than a 5 foot 0, 7 stone womans. Surely the mans body therefore can consume and digest larger quantities of food at any one time?

Find me a scientific paper that proves it and i'll believe you, otherwise imma keep banging my 70g of whey at a time like a real man.
Old 16-10-2011, 10:37 PM
bubs_rsturbo

Every single body is different. Everyones kidneys/livers/stomachs/digestive systems operate at different levels of efficiency.

Plus a 6 foot 6, 20 stone man's body needs more protein/carbs/fat than a 5 foot 0, 7 stone womans. Surely the mans body therefore can consume and digest larger quantities of food at any one time?

Find me a scientific paper that proves it and i'll believe you, otherwise imma keep banging my 70g of whey at a time like a real man.

hahaha! i love this! its this mindset that makes you grow!

my mate wonders why he cant gain

i fucking know why! cause i eat chicken ect till im sick then eat some more

i asked him how much meat he eats a week he said em well i had steak on tuesday and som fish on friday oh an i had a chicken burger on wednesday
Old 17-10-2011, 08:34 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

protein shakes are a rip of unless u spend top dollar. The type of protein they mostly use is crap the body struggles to break down. You can get massive gains just on diet. This is mine at mo. Wake up 2boiled eggs big bowl of porridge, 9.30am 2 chicken breasts and apple. 12 usually jacket pot and beans or scrambled egg on toast. 3.30 big bowl of brown rice tin of tuna and some frozen veg. 5.30 train, 7 2chicken breasts and brown pasta. I make my dinner up on my lunch break and eat it at the gym straight after.

Coming on to the point of showing u a scientific paper show me one that says u can take in more than 45g of protein every 2-3 hours
Old 17-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Kieron

Was going to ask for the same thing. This theory of "the body can only absorb XXX amount of protein per hour" has been banded about for years. The amount always changes and as far as I know has never been proven. Alot of big guys I know actually laugh it off. Far too much science on forums nowadays by people that look like shit. "You must do this, at this time, and it has to be weighed out to xxx." Bollocks.

Also the comment about not eating right if you have to take shakes?? Is that it then, no more to it than that, you're just eating wrong? Nowt to do with price, convenience, ease etc etc. Might want to look up the word supplement...... They are there as an addition to food.
Old 17-10-2011, 08:47 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and 2eggs on toast before bed
Old 17-10-2011, 08:52 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Unless your on a cycle which obviously makes your body work at a higher rate thus the need to double all intake of protein amino's etc is true. But i believe your body's organs work at same speed as ever other persons organs otherwise for example a big big guy's liver etc would get rid of alcohol a lot quicker than a tiny women. ... But they dont. It takes the same amount of time. Just my theory anyway mate
Old 17-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Kieron

protein shakes are a rip of unless u spend top dollar. The type of protein they mostly use is crap the body struggles to break down. You can get massive gains just on diet. This is mine at mo. Wake up 2boiled eggs big bowl of porridge, 9.30am 2 chicken breasts and apple. 12 usually jacket pot and beans or scrambled egg on toast. 3.30 big bowl of brown rice tin of tuna and some frozen veg. 5.30 train, 7 2chicken breasts and brown pasta. I make my dinner up on my lunch break and eat it at the gym straight after.

Coming on to the point of showing u a scientific paper show me one that says u can take in more than 45g of protein every 2-3 hours
2 eggs on toast for breakfast? Whats the protein content of an egg, 9gm odd? So you are saying that your two eggs have more protein content that a 70grm shake of poor quality whey protein?

I know what I will take my chances with.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:15 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

2eggs on toast before bed. I think an egg has on average 5g. If i was on a cycle i would defo add to my diet a protein shake when i wake up and one before bed but i have no need to at this point
Old 17-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Kieron

Why does it matter if your on cycle or not?? You are either trying to grow or your not. Even of your maintaining a certain size the the protein intake needs to be up. the easiest way to lose size, on or off cycle, before or after, is to lack on the diet!

Whether you are bulking, growing, cutting whatever, if your trying to hold or put on muscle then your diet needs to be there.....
Old 17-10-2011, 09:51 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what i listed in my diet is more than enough to put on size. I seen great gains this month that im using this diet, and i put on about 3lbs a month. Not much i know but im in it for the long run.
Of course it maters if your on a cycle as if u was u would need to double my diet, if your not your body can only digest x amount of protein every 2-3 hours anyway so if i ate like i was on a cycle i would be a fat cunt!lol when i tried sus 250 i went from 14stone to 17.5 stone in 2months but i ate so much. Its just not needed when u do it naturally mate
Old 17-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Kieron

Rubbish, your diet needs to be spot on more when your off cycle!

So you went from 14st to 17.5 on cycle. What did you drop to once you come off and what do you weight now?
Old 17-10-2011, 10:09 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dropped to 16 so still got good gains, im only 13 now but i dont wanna put that size on again, i couldnt walk properly. I.ve only got a small frame though but big chest and shoulders. That cycle was 5years ago, i broke my wrist shortly after playing american football so lost interest. Just started it up again since march
Old 17-10-2011, 10:11 AM
colarado red
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

2 scoops whey/fine oats 10g creatine 1 raw whole egg 3 spoons natural yogurt and water.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Kieron

dropped to 16 so still got good gains, im only 13 now but i dont wanna put that size on again, i couldnt walk properly. I.ve only got a small frame though but big chest and shoulders. That cycle was 5years ago, i broke my wrist shortly after playing american football so lost interest. Just started it up again since march
Two stone of muscle gain on a small frame?? lol. How long was this course, 2 years?
Old 17-10-2011, 10:42 AM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

I normally train at around 19:00 and have 2 scoops of maxiraw intensity straight after training, then eat about 1/2 hour after. seems to do the job for me....
Old 17-10-2011, 01:05 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Kieron
Two stone of muscle gain on a small frame?? lol. How long was this course, 2 years?
8 weeks mate but that was with la muscle products, the best out there in my opinion, and explosive creatine too. I was eating 5000cal per day and 300g protein minimum, weight gain shakes protein shakes vitamins and prob loadsa of other stuff i forgot. Back in the day when i wasnt spending all my money on a mortgage and the cossie. My aim now is 14.5 stone so thats a 1.5 increase but by using now products, just pure diet,

P.s i say small frame but its pretty big up top, just my chicken legs letting me down
Old 17-10-2011, 01:43 PM
bubs_rsturbo

what height are you?
Old 17-10-2011, 01:49 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

5ft 9 mate but im well top heavy. I just started training legs weekly, i started 2weeks ago but half the week im walking around like like big bubba smashed my back doors in
Old 17-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Kieron

8 weeks mate but that was with la muscle products, the best out there in my opinion, and explosive creatine too. I was eating 5000cal per day and 300g protein minimum, weight gain shakes protein shakes vitamins and prob loadsa of other stuff i forgot. Back in the day when i wasnt spending all my money on a mortgage and the cossie. My aim now is 14.5 stone so thats a 1.5 increase but by using now products, just pure diet,

P.s i say small frame but its pretty big up top, just my chicken legs letting me down
If only all my money could be spent on my Cossie. Its all about family for me now.

Fair play though for responding to my baiting without actually biting. I still don't believe that you added 2 stone of pure muscle on the course with all those suppliments as alot would be water and a little fat but thats just my opinion and probably not worth a toss.

The trouble is with fast gains like that is that they tend to all drop off. However, good pct (maybe some peds) and diet would see you retain lots.
Old 17-10-2011, 02:09 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i did have a good after cycle course but i cant remember what, it was full of tubs of chemical powder and tabs etc etc. I would prob agree with u about water retention, in the first week of using explosive creatine i put on 1stone! But that stuff was about 45quid and after your loading up week only gave u one week normal dose. Was amazing stuff, easily pushed through my bench press p.b when i thought i hit my level. I think i even did it laughing iirc!
But i just really wanna see if what gains i get from naturaly training, steriods will always be there to tempt me, maybe in feb time i might get a few more cycles but im happy at mo making slow but steady gains, and i look better shape too, as not a load of water retention either. U coming to any shows next yer like ford fair etc etc. We should all meet up and have a protein shake pmsl
Old 17-10-2011, 02:14 PM
bubs_rsturbo

i think anyone should be training for at least 3 years non stop before taking gear thats what i did
Old 17-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Kieron

i did have a good after cycle course but i cant remember what, it was full of tubs of chemical powder and tabs etc etc. I would prob agree with u about water retention, in the first week of using explosive creatine i put on 1stone! But that stuff was about 45quid and after your loading up week only gave u one week normal dose. Was amazing stuff, easily pushed through my bench press p.b when i thought i hit my level. I think i even did it laughing iirc!
But i just really wanna see if what gains i get from naturaly training, steriods will always be there to tempt me, maybe in feb time i might get a few more cycles but im happy at mo making slow but steady gains, and i look better shape too, as not a load of water retention either. U coming to any shows next yer like ford fair etc etc. We should all meet up and have a protein shake pmsl
Can you imagine meeting at the pub and just asking for a pint of water so you could mix up a shake! lol.

I do a few shows throughout the year but havent done Ford Fair for a couple as it got a bit samey. May venture there next year, who knows??

We did joke a while back about having a bench press comp at the Pod for Central day as there were alot of big numbers being banded about at the time. Funnily enough it never happened.
Old 17-10-2011, 02:58 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

haha i would fuck that right of, i dont ever bench heavy just try and do a set of 12or 15. I weight 80kg's and i only usually press 36's but i do sometimes do 40 for an ego boost.

pint of water please barman pmsl
Old 17-10-2011, 03:01 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bubs_rsturbo
i think anyone should be training for at least 3 years non stop before taking gear thats what i did
True mate, as u gotta get technique right and sort diet first. U can take a behinner cycle though which wouldnt do u no harm. Like just sus on its on, then build it up to to sus and deca then chuck one more in, but all my mates are on it and its chemical bollox now, i much prefer the tried and tested old school oil based stuff
Old 17-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Kieron

It was more for all the Charlie big potatoes claiming to rep out 100kgs easy. Just a bit of banter and calling out.

I will meet peeps for a beer and a chat though np.
Old 17-10-2011, 03:33 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think everyone can bench press 1.5 times their weight, so im aiming for 120kg one rep max. But tbh u have to train to get that explosiveness. As i do lighter weights but more reps its hard for me to bash out big numbers. But like everything u can train to do it, but its not my goal at the mo. p.s i havent been to any shows so next year i wanna go to them all

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post work out shake