Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

cutting carbs

Old 17-10-2011, 09:55 PM
bubs_rsturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutting carbs

ok so im 6ft 1 and 14st 5. im 28 next week
i had always been really skinny before i started lifting about 4 years ago.
im gaining muscle at a good rate and im happy with my progress only thing is for the first time in my life im getting a bit of weight around my belly and slight love handles lol!

how do i sort this while still gaining lean muscle?
cut carbs? surely i need certain amount of carbs before training for energy, should i be limiting my carbs in the evening?

any help appreciated!

thanks
Bubs
Old 18-10-2011, 09:23 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate cant remember if it was you that listed your diet on another thread. U defo need carbs mate otherwise your muscles wont grow.

I actually find that doing abbs and obliques really sucks u in and turns those love handles hard. I dont limit carbs but just do ten mins of abs at end of ever session, mat work and weighted work. Gotta be worth a try and remember there's loadsa fanny in the mat area so its an all win situation!lol
Old 18-10-2011, 09:35 AM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
mate cant remember if it was you that listed your diet on another thread. U defo need carbs mate otherwise your muscles wont grow.

I actually find that doing abbs and obliques really sucks u in and turns those love handles hard. I dont limit carbs but just do ten mins of abs at end of ever session, mat work and weighted work. Gotta be worth a try and remember there's loadsa fanny in the mat area so its an all win situation!lol
cheers for your reply mate yes i know i need carbs but surely if i cut them in the evening? or do more cardio? i definitly will have to start doing abs as i havent been doing them.

no pussy in my gym mate its a proper cock fest
Old 18-10-2011, 10:05 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yer mate my last gym was full of hench body builders and giant fucking russians. This new family gym im at is full of fanny now lol. U need carbs throughout the whole day and night to grow though so if i was u i would first start of doing the abs for ten mins a day. Cardio will work but the amount u gotta do just to burn of a biscuit is stupid so you'd have to do cardio everyday. Just try abs mate for about a month while keeping your diet the same. Then if i doesnt work i'd try a bit of cardio then if that doesnt work i'd change diet.
But like u say u need carbs to grow. The best sort of carbs are brown rice and brown pasta and sweet potato iirc try not to eat potato unless its straight after workout or at lunch time etc.

I.ve never had abs before and always love handles but doing abs worked my belly so well its flat and hard now, so hopefully some definition will soon appear
Old 18-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Surely if your gaining muscle but a little fat then the simple answer is that you are consuming too many carb.

Yes you need a certain intake to fuel your body and leave it in an anabolic state but eat too many and your body will store it.

Don't also forget about fats consumed. Where are you getting these from and what sorts. You need a certain amount of these two.

The intake of those together is your problem imho..
Old 18-10-2011, 08:05 PM
bubs_rsturbo

i did 2 x 20min sessions of cardio today one this morning and one after my workout, i also am starting to introduce abs sessions too see if i notice any difference, i also have been consuming alot of peanut butter whick im now stopping