Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

"NO Xplode makes you like God"....

Old 07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default "NO Xplode makes you like God"....

Some people went into a shop last night to get some water for my night shift and theres two young asian lads giving it all the "innit bruv" and "yeah bruv" like they do nowadays. Anyway, one says to the other "you want to stop that creatine your on from holland and barrett, I can get you this really good shit". "What is it?" the other replies. And then the classic "Its called NO Xplode, it makes you like God bruv, seriously, my shoulder press has gone up to 100k". Fuck me sideways, they weighed 4 stone wet through some people really are dumb as fuck.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Silly bastards matey.Some.people are funny.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 AM
bazzal
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noexplode is good but no miracle worker, lol,
Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Trouble is those Disco Muscle twats will be on the gear before you know it and giving it large. Its no wonder we are all viewed in the stereotypical way by the general public.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM
mackers

Its true everyone in my gym wants results yesterday, starts with that crap, then their straight on the gear and two months later they dont even train anymore lol!!
Old 13-10-2011, 09:00 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

NoExplode gave me what I think were heart palpatations
Old 13-10-2011, 09:03 PM
bubs_rsturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Jacked is much better
Old 14-10-2011, 03:45 PM
mackers

lol everyone has started this jacked stuff, I prefer nothing, if you cant eat what you need your doing it wrong!
Old 14-10-2011, 08:54 PM
geordie_ka
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I like jacked i have just started to use it. If any thing it wakes me up a bit after work lol
Old 14-10-2011, 09:09 PM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by mackers
lol everyone has started this jacked stuff, I prefer nothing, if you cant eat what you need your doing it wrong!
yeah i agree it takes your appetite away but i just force it down anyway!

used superpump 250 befrore was good too

also used rampage before, never again lol
Old 15-10-2011, 05:52 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by mackers
eh, its a stimulant, how would you eat that level of stimulants?
Old 16-10-2011, 08:03 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

people shoulder press 50s at my gym no problem. I sadly am not one of them!
Old 16-10-2011, 10:17 PM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
people shoulder press 50s at my gym no problem. I sadly am not one of them!
fair play to them mate shoulders is one of my lagging parts i hate doing them!

tho i have to say i hate seeing some people doing shoulder press with heavy weights and not coming down far enough only doin a quarter of a rep and back up. all your doing is fucking up your wrist. drop the weight and do it properly lol
Old 17-10-2011, 09:22 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bubs_rsturbo
fair play to them mate shoulders is one of my lagging parts i hate doing them!

tho i have to say i hate seeing some people doing shoulder press with heavy weights and not coming down far enough only doin a quarter of a rep and back up. all your doing is fucking up your wrist. drop the weight and do it properly lol
Yer mate that fucks me of to, and they dont have bench upright either so dont isolate shoulders as well. my old gym people could press 60's all the way down, my new gym is more of a family gym and people do 50s but dont come all the way down. I try telling them but they got their mind set on lifting heavy and not looking good. The guy who run my old gym, who's competing in march is fucking massive, 22st and ripped. He doesnt shoulder press more than 35's iirc but makes sure he does a set of at least ten, thats how i am now. Lifting heavy and seeing no gains is pointless!
Old 26-10-2011, 02:14 PM
bazzal

Originally Posted by bubs_rsturbo
Jacked is much better

Jack3d done absolutely nothing for me, I now prefer a strong black coffee 20 mins before gym, so long as i've eaten my meals throughout the day I find thats all thats needed.
Old 26-10-2011, 02:51 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys nothing wrong with partial reps, it helps keep resistance also doing full extension CAN damage joints.

Ideally with serious weight the upper arm(ie the tricep area) needs to stay parallel with the floor.
Old 26-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by JoeE30
Guys nothing wrong with partial reps, it helps keep resistance also doing full extension CAN damage joints.

Ideally with serious weight the upper arm(ie the tricep area) needs to stay parallel with the floor.
Totally agree with this.

When i shoulder press i come down until my arms are at 90 degrees with my shoulders then press. No reason to come down further imo.

Also have the bench not totally upright and do sets of 8 with 45's so obviously according to the above im not doing it right and will make no gains! fuck, i've been wasting my time eh....

Too much bro-science going about, pishy gym talk from skinny cunts who are jealous of people lifting heavier so make up some shit about it not hitting the frontal deltoid straition number 4 lumbar tendon muscle so theres no point in doing it like that. etc...
Old 26-10-2011, 08:02 PM
RUBY123

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have to admit i class only going 90 degrees on shoulder press only half a rep and find it uses just as much tricep as shoulders
Old 26-10-2011, 10:00 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Same as above for me, just till elbows are level with shoulders, fuck getting an injury going all the way down and been out for months!
Old 26-10-2011, 10:02 PM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by Coldo
Totally agree with this.

When i shoulder press i come down until my arms are at 90 degrees with my shoulders then press. No reason to come down further imo.

Also have the bench not totally upright and do sets of 8 with 45's so obviously according to the above im not doing it right and will make no gains! fuck, i've been wasting my time eh....

Too much bro-science going about, pishy gym talk from skinny cunts who are jealous of people lifting heavier so make up some shit about it not hitting the frontal deltoid straition number 4 lumbar tendon muscle so theres no point in doing it like that. etc...
i agree that partail reps have their place in the gym but only at certain times when you are getting th last few reps out! fact is the guys im talking about are getting ahead of themselves with the weights wanting to lift heavy and arent doing it right! i like to know exactly where my real limit is other wise your just fooling yourself.

and no i have no time for such bro science or pishy gym talk either just incase your aiming that this direction
Old 26-10-2011, 10:05 PM
bubs_rsturbo

by the way i agree that 90 degrees is correct.
Old 27-10-2011, 12:11 AM
RUBY123

i think going 90 degrees is one of those urban myths that a lot of people in gyms get from some where. on any movement its not good practice to lock out at the top so only going 90 degrees means you virtually have no movement also it is very easy to cheat as the heavier people go the 90 degrees goes to more like 45 degrees lol
Old 27-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Kieron

Partial heavy reps more beneficial than lighter full reps? - questionable imho..
Old 27-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont consider arms down to 90 degrees as a partial rep to be honest? Thinking about it my elbows probably go a bit lower than shoulder level but not to the extreme of the DB touching my shoulder.

At the end of the day, someone pressing 50's to circa 90 degrees is more advanced than someone bringing their elbows down by their sides with 20's. It's normally the kids with the 20's who claim the men with 50's are "not doing it right"...
Old 27-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Kieron

Thats not the arguement as your comparing two different builds. Of course I don't think those 10 stone soaking wet bicep boys should be partially moving weights far too advanced for them. I don't even want to get started one some of their training and pied routines.

However, if your doing partial (for the sake of this chat) reps with 50's, would YOU benefit more from doing 40's and taking them right down?? IMHO, yes. Depends if your ego can handle it though.

Just my opinion and you may find you grow more for doing the partials.. Everyone is different. Shoulders, for me, work best when burining them rather than pumping. That said I rarely train mine so my thoughts are null and void. lol
Old 27-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Kieron
Thats not the arguement as your comparing two different builds. Of course I don't think those 10 stone soaking wet bicep boys should be partially moving weights far too advanced for them. I don't even want to get started one some of their training and pied routines.

However, if your doing partial (for the sake of this chat) reps with 50's, would YOU benefit more from doing 40's and taking them right down?? IMHO, yes. Depends if your ego can handle it though.

Just my opinion and you may find you grow more for doing the partials.. Everyone is different. Shoulders, for me, work best when burining them rather than pumping. That said I rarely train mine so my thoughts are null and void. lol
I do agree on the most part.

I suppose the difference is i train (mostly) for strength although obviously a positive side effect of strength training is the size gains!!

I hate getting involved in discussions like this to be totally honest. No one ever agrees on training methods and people are always quick to put down others for whatever reason. I train to be big and strong, to deadlift 300kg, to have functional strength etc etc.... which obviously differs greatly for guys who want to step on a stage and show off their size and shape.

As for training shoulders, i'm doing them tonight, 4 sets of clean and press', 3 sets of side raises and 3 sets of fronts is about as much direct training as they get!
Old 27-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Kieron

For what its worth, yours is one of the opinions on here that I listen to and take onboard. I think you are similar to me in that you've heard it all before and don't take any prisoners. I may be a little more tactful at times but my patience has wore thin of late.

I try to not put others down but I will question things if I feel I have a point to put over. If not this section would be even more boring than it is.

There's a whole new discussion there too. Look big or be strong... Those that are strong mock those that look like they can lift weights but are weak as piss and those that are weak and big mock stronger lifters for being out of shape. Neither is the only way and neither has the right to look down on the other. Horses for courses.
Old 27-10-2011, 01:13 PM
RUBY123

i think if you could do say 50s for 6-8 reps to 90 degree you would have to drop to say around 40 maybe 35 kg to go lower for the same number of reps which would give your shoulder far more movement there for a better shoulder work out. as Kieron said a lot has to do with ego it looks better lifting 50s than 35s lol. in my gym its the skinny ones that go 90 then as the weight goes up the 90 becomes 45 degrees and they wont be told as there ego wont allow it
Old 27-10-2011, 06:51 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like to vary my methods. I assume DB shoulder press here fellas. A few weeks quite 'strict' on a lower weight, by that I mean down to about ear level, then the odd heavy weight. Just to shake things up. Mind you, looking at me now, you would think I don't lift anything other than chips!
Old 28-10-2011, 11:42 PM
bubs_rsturbo

exactly, leave your ego at the door

(pick it up again on your way out)

Old 29-10-2011, 02:42 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't meaning to say one way is the only way, I was nearly stating that partial reps has it's place and full range anything has it's dangers by putting a lot of stress on joints. I suffer very badly with both rotator cuff damage, been like it for yrs as I too started out full range, even this with 30+db will cause a few nights of soreness and awkward pain, yet I can hit 50db on partial reps fine with only nominal soreness and Ive not noticed any size difference..

Like coldo say horses for courses in the gym hence why the magic formula hasn't yet been invented bottled and sold..
Old 16-12-2011, 11:55 AM
ONIONRS

You guys need to try 1MR this knocks the fuck out of any energy drink ive ever tryed, it dose exactlly what it says on the tub.

IN THRUST WE TRUST
Old 16-12-2011, 01:50 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

this is a very intersting read and highlites the debate between form and weight. Im in the form camp and believe get perfect form and slowly build up. My gym owner who competes and fucking massive always says bench upright and let the dumbells gently touch your shoulders as its those 2extra inches that make the muscle work and grow.

We train to compete. Not me personally as i dont have the time or money which is why the bench HAS to be upright so it isolates your shoulder. No point in tilting in back slightly as that brings your upper chest in to play. Fine if u just wanna get strong but not fine if u need to isolate particular muscle groups
Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
kosienutter
Last Time, Get Off PF FFS

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

i used it for 6 months last year to help me pass my RN fitness test as running isnt my good side of fitness.
It does give you a sugar rush and helped do a bit more whilst training, and once i passed i used it until it ran out whilst continuing my running and the odd weights here and there.

I just use maxi muscle diet shake now which is good enough for when i go running.

I wouldnt use N.O explode again purely cause the taste was vile lol.