Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

BMW E46 318i what are they like?

Old 17-08-2011, 08:52 PM
gordyshreds
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BMW E46 318i what are they like?

Hey, I know it is a ford forum but i dont belong to any BMW ones and I know there is lots of knowledge (and bollox!) on here!

I have been offered one for £500 with 8 months MOT and Tax until next May. Is a salloon, blue in colour. Has a couple of faults, slight leak in the rad, engine manag light on but that aside is fine and drives really tight. Car is on a Y reg. What are they like?? I am an engineer and used to work on cars when was younger so looking forward to bringing it up to scratch. I think the EML will point to a sensor, maybe a Lambda sensor. Rad can source one no worrys.

So what are they like? 1.9 petrol engine

cheers
Old 17-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Rst tyrone
zetec turbo

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gordyshreds
Hey, I know it is a ford forum but i dont belong to any BMW ones and I know there is lots of knowledge (and bollox!) on here!

I have been offered one for £500 with 8 months MOT and Tax until next May. Is a salloon, blue in colour. Has a couple of faults, slight leak in the rad, engine manag light on but that aside is fine and drives really tight. Car is on a Y reg. What are they like?? I am an engineer and used to work on cars when was younger so looking forward to bringing it up to scratch. I think the EML will point to a sensor, maybe a Lambda sensor. Rad can source one no worrys.

So what are they like? 1.9 petrol engine

cheers
not bad engines bit under powered just watch out for headgasket problems/water pump problems as the earlier ones had plastic impellars on the pump which used to shear off and caus over heating issues etc
Old 17-08-2011, 08:57 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

Never owned one, but personally would not go for a 4 cylinder BMW, but for the price I suppose it's not bad! Yes EML is most likely to be a faulty sensor, getting the fault code(s) read will help you to isolate it to a specifc sensor.

Martin
Old 18-08-2011, 01:22 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If this is to aid your training, then I think ploughing the money into diet, supplements and extra equipment would be more beneficial in the long run... although the instant feeling of euphoria you'll get driving a 318i might boost training for a short period.

Cheers,
Grant