Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

The good old pressup exercise.

Search this Thread

Old 30-05-2011, 06:15 PM
ST24MK2
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The good old pressup exercise.

Just realised this forum had a sub section for this hobby !

A hobby in which is one of my top favourites along with cars.

Im 28 years of age and been training on and off for 9 years.

Does anyone find the good old pressup, in narrow and wide stances, a good all round chest exercise? Its the only one that really gets my chest pumping.

Im 6ft 3, 91kilo, just under 14 stone, minimal bodyfat.

Got some cheeky dianabols to see if i can push my weight past the 14 stone, i know most of it will be water weight but ive been stuck at the current weight iam for nearly 3 years now.

Anybody who work out got any pictures of themselves? Ill try get some up when i find my USB lead.
Old 31-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ST24MK2
Does anyone find the good old pressup, in narrow and wide stances, a good all round chest exercise? Its the only one that really gets my chest pumping.
Narrow wide n knickles
Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Is this a joke? Doing pressups at home and got some steroids to help? I fucking love this forum, cracks me up.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kieron
Is this a joke? Doing pressups at home and got some steroids to help? I fucking love this forum, cracks me up.
calm yourself iago

Maybe he just isn't as in to it as others ?!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Kieron

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu
calm yourself iago

Maybe he just isn't as in to it as others ?!
I'm calm. I just find it highly amusing.

If your not serious then why take steroids? They aren't smarties.

Why run the risk of health problems if your not "into it"? Its laughable but yet I find myself having to justify my post.

Last edited by Kieron; 03-06-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really not into the whole fitness thing enough to ever usually give any advice, but even I'd suggest that something is amiss if you're 'stuck' at sub 14 stone given your height... what does your diet and exercise routine look like??

Steroids aren't the answer fella.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Hobomassiv
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Steroids aren't the answer fella.
IMO they are a shortcut around discipline and hard lifting.

No one should have to use them with the right attitude and the right diet.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Kieron

Originally Posted by Hobomassiv
IMO they are a shortcut around discipline and hard lifting.

No one should have to use them with the right attitude and the right diet.
Disagree. But sadly for 95% of trainers you are right. A cheat/easy option as other areas are lacking. Too many people use nowadays when they have no clue about training and just want the disco muscles to pull fanny with. Join a gym, pop a few pills and get in shape for the weekend. Too many shite programmes like Jersey Shore and youngsters thinking they need to act/look like that. I think down the line we will see health problems arising from these abusers...

However, there is a certain look/size that you can only achieve by using them. If thats your goal then no amount of decent diet and hard training will get you there. This only applies to the serious trainers though which are few in comparison. Whether that look is good or not is open to debate but you cant argue that you could win Olympia natural.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Disagree. But sadly for 95% of trainers you are right. A cheat/easy option as other areas are lacking. Too many people use nowadays when they have no clue about training and just want the disco muscles to pull fanny with. Join a gym, pop a few pills and get in shape for the weekend. Too many shite programmes like Jersey Shore and youngsters thinking they need to act/look like that. I think down the line we will see health problems arising from these abusers...

However, there is a certain look/size that you can only achieve by using them. If thats your goal then no amount of decent diet and hard training will get you there. This only applies to the serious trainers though which are few in comparison. Whether that look is good or not is open to debate but you cant argue that you could win Olympia natural.
The amount of people in my gym on them is madness! There are some lads who are coming up to 18 stone and in good shape, which is impressive and you can see why they use them. Then there's the majority who come in twice a week to do a million bicep curls and bench pressing while talking about girls and football, and never change. Yet these are the ones all over Facebook telling us there off to 'train hardcore' and what not.

These people make me laugh, and I can't stand it when they try and talk to me as I'm training.

Benni
Old 08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Benni, this is completely off topic, but you've been training a while now... can you stick up some before and after shots please mate.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Kieron

Originally Posted by Benni
The amount of people in my gym on them is madness! There are some lads who are coming up to 18 stone and in good shape, which is impressive and you can see why they use them. Then there's the majority who come in twice a week to do a million bicep curls and bench pressing while talking about girls and football, and never change. Yet these are the ones all over Facebook telling us there off to 'train hardcore' and what not.

These people make me laugh, and I can't stand it when they try and talk to me as I'm training.

Benni
I've seen them too mate and they are a disgrace to bodybuilding. Give the rest of us a bad name whether is be about gear or trying to change our bodies in general. The public perception is formed by these muppets.

Its sad tbh but those are the folks that will have health problems later in life. Especially as most of them then get legless and do coke etc all weekend and just generally treat their bodies like shit. Very few would know their calorie intake let alone the macros. Plus I would wager on them all training like shit too.

But, piss poor diet, half arsed training & gear = OK bodies.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni

Benni
Make me piss them types, theres a few who go in the gym where I go, 3 in particular walk round like they are the daddy's of the gym, on the juice and they cant lift fuck all, body to body they look better than my fat frame but they cant lift shit, and they have legs like fucking sparrows, I had to buy myself a set of 80's Glenn Hoddle shorts just to make a point of what a pair o legs should look like
Maybe i should stop following their routine and outlifting them, started getting dirty looks, think ive been rumbled
Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

ive been training for about 4 years now and i can not put weight on at all both my parents / brother and sister are the same lol no matter what i eat so im ready for the you carnt be eating right comments! i have used dianabol 3 times now never really put on much weight maybe 3 to 5 pounds max but do get a fair bit stronger and i dident really lose the weight iver or the strength im still sitting at dead on 11.6 it did help me i have an athletic build and show muscle quite well and its no easy route if anything when you are on them you train harder and push your self more i go to the gym every other day but do miss some weekends if im to tired or work and i swim on a thursday also run alot too but do agree there are some right twats about who use! but then on the other hand there is guys i know who are dead against it who train like theres no tomorrow and have been doing for longer than me who are bigger than me but do not have the muscle or the strength i have but fair play to them if there happy also makes me laugh abit how topping up your testosterone that your body makes is cheating but taking massive amounts of protein and this shake and that supplement is not lol but agreed useing them at home doing push ups is stupid get your self in the gym and eat well for a year and see how you get on! just my thoughts anyway but everyone is different and has different ideas!

Last edited by ajamesc; 10-06-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
sober_disposition
Regular Contributor

I only ever put on weight when i started taking a supplement called ''no explode'', really helped me motor up the weights and get me motivated for actually going to the gym.

Agreed about those people who take steroids, all bulk and no strength, makes me laugh when they are twice the size of nearly everyone in my gym but can barely lift any weight.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i tried p90x with awesome results in the 1st 3 weeks unfortunately on off on holiday tuesday and will be drink eating behaving in a negative way lol however i will give you some info on there chest and back routine which i love and leaves me aching

each exercise is time but you would have to download/buy the dvd for that really

the routine is as follows and everything is as many as you can do (after warmup and stretch)

1 standard push ups

2 wide front pull ups

3 military pushups

4 reverse grip chin ups

5 wide fly push ups

6 close grip over hand pull up

7 decline push ups

8 heavy pants

9 diamond push ups

10 lawn mowers

11 dive bomber pushups

12 back flys

13 wide front pull ups

14 standard push ups

15 reverse grip chin up

16 military push ups

17 close grip over hand pull ups

18 wide fly push ups

19 heavy pants

20 decline push ups

21 lawnmowers

22 diamond pushups

23 back flys

24 dive bombers

cool down

1st round take it easy cos you need juice in the tank for the 2nd 1st time i did this

i over did it and i could do 80 push ups easy but couldn't raise my arms above my head or straighten them for a week and couldn't do one push up for a week

there are ways to intensify each workout as you progress

Ben
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 PM
MrEngineerdat
BANNED
BANNED

dont use roids man... be real like the mass your pushing.
straight up militant.
raw to the core up against raw material.
this is the very reason you have muscles in the first place.
your predecessors, for many a generation, have worked against real loads and the strength gene has dominated to provide you with better ones.
its up to you to make your guns look as nice as you can but whats the point of polishing a turd???
grrrrrr......
Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 AM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by ben_frst
i tried p90x with awesome results in the 1st 3 weeks unfortunately on off on holiday tuesday and will be drink eating behaving in a negative way lol however i will give you some info on there chest and back routine which i love and leaves me aching

each exercise is time but you would have to download/buy the dvd for that really

the routine is as follows and everything is as many as you can do (after warmup and stretch)

1 standard push ups

2 wide front pull ups

3 military pushups

4 reverse grip chin ups

5 wide fly push ups

6 close grip over hand pull up

7 decline push ups

8 heavy pants

9 diamond push ups

10 lawn mowers

11 dive bomber pushups

12 back flys

13 wide front pull ups

14 standard push ups

15 reverse grip chin up

16 military push ups

17 close grip over hand pull ups

18 wide fly push ups

19 heavy pants

20 decline push ups

21 lawnmowers

22 diamond pushups

23 back flys

24 dive bombers

cool down

1st round take it easy cos you need juice in the tank for the 2nd 1st time i did this

i over did it and i could do 80 push ups easy but couldn't raise my arms above my head or straighten them for a week and couldn't do one push up for a week

there are ways to intensify each workout as you progress

Ben
sorry mate but wtf kind of routine is this? is this done in one session? i would advise against doing back and chest together as you cant be hitting them properly together!! theres no way! im totally fucked after a proper chest sessioon its on or indeed back session on its own!

if the op has been training for nine years he must have some idea to what he is doing! give the guy some credit ffs. surely to fuck he isnt just doing pressups at home and popping dianabol

i do chest every monday but regulary do press ups daily as i find it helps keep nmy chest pumped through the week as i have to say its my lagging body part! i like to do them nice and slow on the negitive and power out on the positive.

at the minute im 14st 5 with about 10%, bodyfat, height 6 ft
never used juice

Last edited by bubs_rsturbo; 10-09-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:01 AM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by ST24MK2
Just realised this forum had a sub section for this hobby !

A hobby in which is one of my top favourites along with cars.

Im 28 years of age and been training on and off for 9 years.

Im 6ft 3, 91kilo, just under 14 stone, minimal bodyfat.

Got some cheeky dianabols to see if i can push my weight past the 14 stone, i know most of it will be water weight but ive been stuck at the current weight iam for nearly 3 years now.

Anybody who work out got any pictures of themselves? Ill try get some up when i find my USB lead.

dianabol will help you gain a bit mate but you should up your protein intake when your on it and keep the water supply flowing, a good guide for protein is 1.5 g of protein for each pound you weigh
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Kieron

Originally Posted by bubs_rsturbo
dianabol will help you gain a bit mate but you should up your protein intake when your on it and keep the water supply flowing, a good guide for protein is 1.5 g of protein for each pound you weigh
Just up the protein whilst on them? Ever thought that if the OP's protein intake is already low that it could be the reason he is not groing? Or that calories aren't there as he is not eating enough to grow? Those that say they "just can't grow" are not eating enough! Everyone can grow, I don't give a shit how fast your metabolism is, you need to force feed your body to the point of feeling sick and bloated all day.

Not to mention the fact you have said dianabol will help but not mentioned doses, course lengths, sides etc etc. Its this carefree attitude to it all that will see the problems I have mentioned in this post. Sorry but its totally irresponsible.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM
bubs_rsturbo

Just up the protein whilst on them? Ever thought that if the OP's protein intake is already low that it could be the reason he is not groing? Or that calories aren't there as he is not eating enough to grow? Those that say they "just can't grow" are not eating enough! Everyone can grow, I don't give a shit how fast your metabolism is, you need to force feed your body to the point of feeling sick and bloated all day.

Not to mention the fact you have said dianabol will help but not mentioned doses, course lengths, sides etc etc. Its this carefree attitude to it all that will see the problems I have mentioned in this post. Sorry but its totally irresponsible.
trust me mate i know what its like to have to shovel food into my body all day felling sick ect. im sorry but i assumed that the op would already have a fair idea how much protein to be taking as he has been at it on and off for 9 years, i did say 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a good guide.

a 6 week course of dianabol is nothing to get too excited about anyway!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Kieron

Originally Posted by bubs_rsturbo
trust me mate i know what its like to have to shovel food into my body all day felling sick ect. im sorry but i assumed that the op would already have a fair idea how much protein to be taking as he has been at it on and off for 9 years, i did say 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a good guide.

a 6 week course of dianabol is nothing to get too excited about anyway!
Not saying you dont mate. I did see your advice on how much protein but I also saw you say dianabol was good without knowing a damn thing about the OP, his training, his diet, goals, nothing.

By saying a 6 week course is nothing you are confirming my opinion that people treat steroids with not enough respect. Still you havent menioned doses, what the sides could be or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not anti gear, I just don't like the blase way it is treated nowadays. I see too many pencil necks boasting about how many naps they pop before clubbing on a Friday night who train like faggots once or twice a week on their disco muscles. Its a total joke to those that are serious.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:33 AM
bubs_rsturbo

Not saying you dont mate. I did see your advice on how much protein but I also saw you say dianabol was good without knowing a damn thing about the OP, his training, his diet, goals, nothing.

By saying a 6 week course is nothing you are confirming my opinion that people treat steroids with not enough respect. Still you havent menioned doses, what the sides could be or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not anti gear, I just don't like the blase way it is treated nowadays. I see too many pencil necks boasting about how many naps they pop before clubbing on a Friday night who train like faggots once or twice a week on their disco muscles. Its a total joke to those that are serious.
yes mate you are right i should really know more about the op and his goals altough im sure you will agree dianabol is one of the lower forms of steriod and considered quite safe.

im totally with you on the way that fags use steriods without knowing anything about them just to get big fast, i see it all the time mate the guys who think the gym is a fashion parade, come in twice a week to do curls and flat bench use the sunbed and go home

problem is they all want the quick fix! all want the body but dont wanna work for it! where are they when ive gotta get through a hardcore leg session?

haha@ disco muscles
Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Kieron

We'll never know now anyhow as thre OP is banned.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 AM
bubs_rsturbo

must have been a bad boy
Old 10-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Kieron

Prob had roid rage from his 5mg of ana per day and spouted off.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 AM
bubs_rsturbo

hahaha drugs are bad mmm kay