Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Training 5 days a week, bad idea for bulking?

Search this Thread

Old 31-03-2011, 11:57 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Training 5 days a week, bad idea for bulking?

i used to train x3 a week (mon, wed and fri) but last week started to train everyday as on my off days i was feeling flat and like i could go back to the gym (so i have done)

my goal the at the moment is to bulk (which i have been doing and putting on weight) just not sure if training x5 days a week wont let my body recover (even though im not hurting etc so dont feel like i need to rest on my off days)

i have been thinking of doing:

mon/tues train
wed day off
thurs/friday train

not sure if that would be better?

also i had a route i was sticking to on x3 days a week but when training more days i seem to be training the same body part closer, any ideas on what training routine i could have if i train x4 or x5 days a week?

thanks

Last edited by bonus_boy; 31-03-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 31-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Monday - Chest and Bicep.
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - off.
Thursday - Shoulders and Tricep.
Friday - Legs. (Quads, Hamstrings, Calves). (Do calves first if these are weak).

You can do some cardio on the weekend, and on the Wednesday. (Not much though if you are bulking). Don't do back the day after legs and vice versa, as both are very taxing on the body and you are better off with a day in between them to help you recover.

You should be hurting after an intense workout mate... I can't stretch my arm out after chest or poke the chest, as it's sensitive as fuck and sore. Same for other muscle groups.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 31-03-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 31-03-2011, 09:32 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

5 days is fine mate tho your diet will need to suit as this is key as im sure you already know.i was 12st 4 last january and weighed in on saturday at 16st 5 and i train 5 days per week.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Unless I'm missing something you haven't given you training split, just the days you train on. It also depends on what you are trying to get out of training. What does bulking up mean to you? A bit more toned, muscluar looking or you want to be a brute?

I train 5 days a week but I only do one or two bosyparts a session so they only get hit once a week. If your doing circuits of the gym, training all bodyparts, and wanting to grow then your going about it the wrong way. However if you just want to get fitter and tone up I can't see a problem with it at all.

Just listen to your body. If your muscles still ache then they are not ready to train again. If they don't ache then you are either not training hard enough or doing very little per body part. Whether that is good or bad will depend on your goal.

Last edited by Kieron; 01-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

see this is what i keep thinking. The next day after been in the gym i think your muscles you have been training should be aching. I love the feeling when you ache.