Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Got a 10k to run soon

Search this Thread

Old 14-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Dexy
DTFTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a 10k to run soon

Ok guys im well out of shape and in need of a little advice on all things fitness.

Ive decided to run a 10k in a May and need a little help with my fitness.

Im not fat by any means, but i want to loose a little chub on the moobs and belly.

Im 6ft2" and weigh in at 183.6Lbs

Whats the problem then, well i used to run ages ago but seemed to never be able to stick to it and after a lot of take aways over the years and living on my own im out of sorts.

Im wanting help with what to eat and when. Living on my own im not really eating a breakfast at home then hitting the burger van at work for that and lunch. At night id much rather play the xbox and smoke 10 a night.

The smokes are finished with now and im serious about getting this run done and carrying it on for years after. ( the training, not the 10k )

So what do i eat and when?
I have a shitty job where i can be working one day then off the next, it would be good to know what i could make up for taking to work.

Also i have a juicer for fruit so the drinks sorted and the shakes are ready for after the gym.

Any help would be great.

Ive started a log kinda thing with photos too just to keep me pressing on.

Cheers.
Old 14-03-2011, 07:29 PM
capriturbo
Part of the Furniture

Hi mate, I will have a go at replying in full later when I have a bit more time. For now have a play with this http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing...oach/3057.html I found it extremly useful in planning my training. If you don't have previous race times estimate on what you think, or be optimistic, it just ups the pace a little. Its very progressive and the best free coach I have found.

Alex
Old 15-03-2011, 02:50 PM
capriturbo
Part of the Furniture

Right, hopefully you've had a play with that coach, if not see what you can come up with that works around your time frame. As for eating and diet I've always found the more complicated they are the harder it is to stick to so just try to cut down on simple sugars like biscuits, chocolate and fizzy drinks. Fatty foods and take-aways are pretty much a no no, if you really must then make it a once a week thing and be sure to go out the next day and punish yourself. What's your alcohol intake like? It's easy for me to sit here and type away saying stop this and stop that but I find if you start stopping things completely you will lose interest very fast, in the beginning just try to cut down on stuff that you no isn't good for you and hopefully once your running starts taking off you will find that when you indulge (mostly boozing) you will pay the price for it on your next run.

Let me know what program you get from the coach and ill try and advise from there. O and remember it wont be like when you used to run and might seem a little bit slow and like your not getting anywhere, just stick with and it will all come together!

Alex

and drink lots of water!