Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 28-10-2009, 05:19 AM
jim_jamie_3
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed!

hi all, just after so help/guidende from any one in the know

basicly im 25, i was 19 stone, am down to 15 now. i am 6.1

i know its been said alot and people think oh yeah, but i am nauturaly broad.

i have been trainig with weights properly for about 10weeks now, resulst are starting to show, my arms are a lot bigger and my chest is starting to get defined.

i want to get BIG!

when i say big, im looking at batista from wwe big.

at the moment im on phd synergy, once before a work out (1hr before) i take super pump half an hour before i train( gives me proper rage!), a phd after trainig, and a normal whay with skimmed milk before bed.

i do 1 day back,bis and delts, next day chest and tris, and then legs, with cardio every day.

the main thing is, im struggerling with how many calories i need, and what toeat when. im eating a lot of chicken, turkey and tuna, eggs. so thats my protein.

what about carbs? i was dieting to loss the weight and cut them out totaly. when i started training i had no strenth what so ever.

how much carbs should i eat?
is there any more supplients i should be taking, like testorone?

any advice/guidenece would be much appricated

many thanks

jamie
Old 28-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just so people can see who Batista is i've googled him, lol.

I'd recommend you join here and have a read around too http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/default.aspx

Not exactly sure on the sort of calories you'd need to be consuming but if you want to get big like him then personally i wouldnt worry about how many and would just eat as much as i could, as you will need to bulk up a lot.

You'll struggle to put on a lot of size while staying lean so dont worry about the cardio, you're not going to look cut/ripped while bulking, you can sort this out at a later date. But obviously if you're getting the proper beer belly look going on ease of on the calories a bit.

Make sure you're consuming at least 1-1.5g of protein for every pound of body weight too, spread nice and evenly throughout the day.

Stick to a good solid/clean diet, plenty of sleep and train hard!

Personally i think your day 1 is a bit too much, and would split it like this

1. Legs
2. Chest and biceps
3. Shoulders and triceps
4. Back and traps

doing ab's every other day

The other thing to note is that you arent going to get that size naturally imo, and definitely not in a short space of time, lol.

Last edited by Red16; 28-10-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 28-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jim_jamie_3
hi all, just after so help/guidende from any one in the know

basicly im 25, i was 19 stone, am down to 15 now. i am 6.1

i know its been said alot and people think oh yeah, but i am nauturaly broad.

i have been trainig with weights properly for about 10weeks now, resulst are starting to show, my arms are a lot bigger and my chest is starting to get defined.

i want to get BIG!

when i say big, im looking at batista from wwe big.

at the moment im on phd synergy, once before a work out (1hr before) i take super pump half an hour before i train( gives me proper rage!), a phd after trainig, and a normal whay with skimmed milk before bed.

i do 1 day back,bis and delts, next day chest and tris, and then legs, with cardio every day.

the main thing is, im struggerling with how many calories i need, and what toeat when. im eating a lot of chicken, turkey and tuna, eggs. so thats my protein.

what about carbs? i was dieting to loss the weight and cut them out totaly. when i started training i had no strenth what so ever.

how much carbs should i eat?
is there any more supplients i should be taking, like testorone?

any advice/guidenece would be much appricated

many thanks

jamie
Firstly, testosteron isn't a 'supplement' as such, Although the body produces it naturally, when injecting it is considered as an anabolic steroid. If you want to get "batista big" you will probably (at some stage) need to inject it.

As for diet, for a good clean bulk you probably want to be looking at upwards of 3500kcal a day.

Split into 6-8 small meals ever 2-3 hours.

1.5g-2g of protein per pound of bodyweight
Moderate carbs
Moderate good fats

Staple foods should be something like;
Eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, mixed nuts, brown rice, wholegrain cous cous, red meat, green veg.

The best thing is to get signed up to a bodybuilding forum, like muscletalk as suggested above.

It isn't going to come overnight, probably 4-5-6-7 years of excellent training and dieting to be anywhere near the build of batista. No reason why you can't be though!

Good luck.

Last edited by Coldo; 28-10-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 28-10-2009, 02:17 PM
jim_jamie_3
PassionFord Regular

thanks for all the advice , i have sighned up to muscule talk just now so will have a look around on there.

ovisusly i know its gona take a lot of work and dediaction, but im at the stage of life where it is now or never.

growing up i was always chubby, i got married at 20, and it all went down hill and i balooned nto 19st at my heveyist.

i have always wanted to get bigger but never had the drive 2,now its there i cant get enough

i have been told your traiining should be no more then 40mins, im doing 2-sometimes mayb 3 hours, will this hinder me?

as for the testosteron was looking at these

http://www.lamuscle.com/products/heavyweight2

the only thing i have on my mind is i work for the underground and get randomly tested for drugs and alchol, even though these are nautral will it show up as a steriod as such?

and what will these acutally do?

thanks again for all the advice

cena dont look that bad either lol
Old 28-10-2009, 04:06 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by jim_jamie_3
thanks for all the advice , i have sighned up to muscule talk just now so will have a look around on there.

ovisusly i know its gona take a lot of work and dediaction, but im at the stage of life where it is now or never.

growing up i was always chubby, i got married at 20, and it all went down hill and i balooned nto 19st at my heveyist.

i have always wanted to get bigger but never had the drive 2,now its there i cant get enough

i have been told your traiining should be no more then 40mins, im doing 2-sometimes mayb 3 hours, will this hinder me?

as for the testosteron was looking at these

http://www.lamuscle.com/products/heavyweight2

the only thing i have on my mind is i work for the underground and get randomly tested for drugs and alchol, even though these are nautral will it show up as a steriod as such?

and what will these acutally do?

thanks again for all the advice

cena dont look that bad either lol
Lot of crap DONT buy anything like this at the moment.get diet and training sorted then you can look at these types of things later down the line

Ideally wanna eat between 2/4grams protein to bodyweight to bulk up the amount of muscle your wanting to expect to visit the toilet often but will be worth it later on
Old 28-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snedboy
expect to visit the toilet often
lol, never a true'r word said in jest
Old 28-10-2009, 07:43 PM
jim_jamie_3
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by snedboy
Lot of crap DONT buy anything like this at the moment.get diet and training sorted then you can look at these types of things later down the line

Ideally wanna eat between 2/4grams protein to bodyweight to bulk up the amount of muscle your wanting to expect to visit the toilet often but will be worth it later on
cheers for the info mate, i have been trying to get as much protein in as i can, but im having trouble eating as much as i do, i have gone from 700 calories a day to loose the weight, now i cant physicaly eat as much as i would like
Old 28-10-2009, 07:45 PM
jim_jamie_3
PassionFord Regular

just a quick one, this was me last year with my nephew in italy

and this was taken a few weeks ago

dont think i have done bad, just wont to push myself a bit further now, wanna get huge lol
Old 29-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Eat well and train hard!

Go talk to some of the bigger boys in your gym and get some advice off them. They will only be too happy to help a new starter out as we have to begin somewhere IMHO. Ask them what exercises to do and get them to check your form, spot you for a few sets.

Just basically get into the gym life and push yourself. Getting big like above is not easy and only for the fully committed.

Training for 2-3 hours seem excessive to me. You need a good hour 5 maybe 6 times a week for bodybuilding imho. Cardio is on top of that but will obviously burn up calories. Bulk now, trim up later. Dont try both at the same time as its very very difficult to get right.

Looking as your physique your not what I would call a stocky bloke. When you put on weight its round the midriff and now thats gone your left with the same frame as before but without the tyre. You may find it hard to grow due to the size of your frame. However you will look more impressive when you do get big imho.