Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

How do i get rid of eating urges ???

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2009, 04:04 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i get rid of eating urges ???

I realyl want to get rid of urges to eat, as i seem to be snacking on shit alot lately and realyl dont wanan start getting fat.....

I have football training twice a week and play on saturdays and sundays so dont exactly just sit at home eating a multipack of crisps lol....but during the day at work i seem to eat alot of snacks... at lunch i normally have a sandwich and a small salad box from tescos usually with crisps..now i know this is alot of food but after i eat this about 1pm..about the same time exeryday about 4.30/5pm i get hungry again and pop downstairs and get something out the vending machine

and i go home and have a dinner about 8ish when the wife gets home...

Is there anything i can do to get rid of it or to cut my eating down as that lunch seems alot and working in an office i dont exactly have the most energetic of jobs....

all advice and help would be appreciated
Old 19-10-2009, 04:11 PM
slavo
V

I think it is actually better to eat 5 times a day than 3 but the only thing is to know what to eat.
If you have an eating urge, you could go for a fruit. I know banana is not the less sugary or fat fruit but it is heavy enough and better that crisps.
Else drink water a day and you wont eat anything,.

I'm not a nutritionist so the above could be crap, I dunno
Old 19-10-2009, 04:19 PM
kiddie
Advanced PassionFord User

Have a couple of oat cakes with peanut butter on them as an afternoon snack. My misses has been doing that to cut out snacking
Old 20-10-2009, 07:40 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

thing is i drink at least 2 litres of water a day lol
Old 21-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Replace it with lower calorie alternatives.
Old 23-10-2009, 05:07 PM
StuRST
Regular Contributor

as said, eat 5-6 smaller meals per day, roughly every 3 hours, if you still have cravings snack on fruits and up your water intake
Old 11-11-2009, 04:46 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The hunger problem is not so much hunger as a sugar low... It is a bit of a vicious cycle, as sugar is addictive!

The problem is that the more sugar you eat, the more you need to replicate the sugar high you get each time you eat it. I have had a real problem recently that I eat a big lunch at about 11.30/12ish, and by 2.30 I could eat a horse and chase the jockey ..

White bread is full of carbs (as are pasta, spuds etc etc), so causes a huge sugar spike, which makes you feel full quickly, but after a couple of hours, you have burnt off all the easily digestable sugar, and feel hungry again, not so much because your stomach is empty, but because you have a massive sugar low signal being sent by your brain! This in turn makes you binge eat, or look for a quick sugar fix like a choccy bar or bag of crisps etc... As you have probably worked out, the more you eat, the more it seems to happen ..

I have tryed to start having a peice of friut or two, or a small tin of tuna with a small dollop of real mayo (not the light crap, full of false carbs!) , as a little bit of fat is not a bad thing as it triggers your "full" signal a lot earlier than filling up on junk carbs/sugar etc..
Old 11-11-2009, 05:18 AM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

Water, celery and fruit.

Eat in that order. If you go past fruit, then exercise to match what you've eaten.
Old 19-11-2009, 09:04 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

every time u want something u shouldnt jab your self in the leg with a fork