Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Splitting training Morning/Evening

Old 13-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Leonrefresh
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Splitting training Morning/Evening

Alrighty..

Just wondering if anyone does this?

I'm thinking of starting doing my lifting in the morning (6.30am) and CV after work (6.30pm). Just wondering if theres any advantage to doing it the opposite way about? at the moment I'm training 5 times a week ideally doing what I've listed below..I find I slack off a bit on the CV side of things though once I've done my lifting and don't bother doing it probably 2 or 4 days a week.

Mon - Back & CV
Tues - Chest & CV
Weds - CV only
Thurs - Bi's Tri's & CV
Fri - Shoulders & CV

The amount of CV I'm doing daily varies from 30-60 mins, usually on the cross trainer as it's kindest on the problems I have from time to time with Tendonitis (The same reason I don't train my Legs).

At the moment I'm looking to loose a bit of weight, lost 4 stone last year to get down to 14 and a half after an operation laid me low but have put about a stone back on over the past 3 months.
Old 13-10-2009, 05:15 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonrefresh
Alrighty..

Just wondering if anyone does this?

I'm thinking of starting doing my lifting in the morning (6.30am) and CV after work (6.30pm). Just wondering if theres any advantage to doing it the opposite way about? at the moment I'm training 5 times a week ideally doing what I've listed below..I find I slack off a bit on the CV side of things though once I've done my lifting and don't bother doing it probably 2 or 4 days a week.

Mon - Back & CV
Tues - Chest & CV
Weds - CV only
Thurs - Bi's Tri's & CV
Fri - Shoulders & CV

The amount of CV I'm doing daily varies from 30-60 mins, usually on the cross trainer as it's kindest on the problems I have from time to time with Tendonitis (The same reason I don't train my Legs).

At the moment I'm looking to loose a bit of weight, lost 4 stone last year to get down to 14 and a half after an operation laid me low but have put about a stone back on over the past 3 months.
your energy levels will never be good enough to lift decent weight at 6.30am and youll never burn as much as you would doing cardio at night instead of morning

if your wanting to lose weight concentrate on that,then start lifting weights when your more comfortable with your weight
Old 13-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anything you should do the cv in the AM before your first meal.

So CV at half 6, then breakfast, then work or whatever you do then lift in the pm.

You will need to eat more to compensate for the amount of excersise you will be doing. Obviously not too much that you are cancelling out your weight loss goals but remember you need energy for your daily activities and to lift in the pm.