Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Tone up and small weight loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 05:48 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Tone up and small weight loss

Hey folks ive always went to the gym since about the age of 17 and now im 25!! im 6ft and 16st but im back into rollerblading which i quit when i was 16 lol!! its not normal rollerblading on cyclepaths etc it includes ramps,jumps,street skating on rails and gaps etc so im needing to lose a small bit of weight preferably by just toning up!! i do a lot of cv stuff anyway and consider myself very fit BUT i feel totally bulky when im skating so would like to lose some of the large muscle!! any ideas folks?????
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigryrs
Hey folks ive always went to the gym since about the age of 17 and now im 25!! im 6ft and 16st but im back into rollerblading which i quit when i was 16 lol!! its not normal rollerblading on cyclepaths etc it includes ramps,jumps,street skating on rails and gaps etc so im needing to lose a small bit of weight preferably by just toning up!! i do a lot of cv stuff anyway and consider myself very fit BUT i feel totally bulky when im skating so would like to lose some of the large muscle!! any ideas folks?????

I can vouch for you being a large chap,i had the fiesta cossie in dundee lol,only way would be to go into calorie defecit i.e eat less food than maintenance cals,protein,carbs etc etc and still do same amount of cv and you will quickly start to see weight loss

Good luck m8
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by snedboy
I can vouch for you being a large chap,i had the fiesta cossie in dundee lol,only way would be to go into calorie defecit i.e eat less food than maintenance cals,protein,carbs etc etc and still do same amount of cv and you will quickly start to see weight loss

Good luck m8
so what kind of food will i avoid lol?? i work offshore and do sod all so i look forward to meal times ha ha!! yeah i remember you man just like it was yesterday lol ive got a good memory
Old 03-09-2009, 03:08 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Try staying away from pasta's,potatoes,bread etc and try eating porridge in morning for carbs and try cut carb intake after 6pm

Eat more chicken,tuna etc etc and stay clear of the usual fats like chocolate,crisps etc etc
Old 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Try staying away from pasta's,potatoes,bread etc and try eating porridge in morning for carbs and try cut carb intake after 6pm

Eat more chicken,tuna etc etc and stay clear of the usual fats like chocolate,crisps etc etc
i dont eat crisps,chocolate etc anyway lol when im offshore i have porridge every morning anyway and im gonna start doing the same at home!!
When im offshore i dont eat anything after tea anyway maybe an apple or something like that but nothing else.
Im not a big chicken eater!! and i fooking hate all fish! what could i have instead is beef ok and ive stopped taking protein shakes is this a good idea
Old 03-09-2009, 03:42 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Uh oh a fussy eater

Yeah beef is ok,mince,stew,steaks etc but cut all the fat off if possible.Turkey? Continue with the protein shakes but try get a lower carb content 1.Also lift lighter weights for higher reps,dont drink alcohol or fizzy drinks,drink more water and milk but only semi-skimmed not full fat
Old 03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Uh oh a fussy eater

Yeah beef is ok,mince,stew,steaks etc but cut all the fat off if possible.Turkey? Continue with the protein shakes but try get a lower carb content 1.Also lift lighter weights for higher reps,dont drink alcohol or fizzy drinks,drink more water and milk but only semi-skimmed not full fat
yeah fussy as fook mate! turkey is shit ha ha il have to have a look for protein shakes that wont bulk me up lol! i was buying from that myprotein website! what do you think of them??
ive started doin smaller weights 10kg dumbells instead of 20kg 3 sets of 15 etc and i dont drink any fizzy shit just loads of water or diluting juice!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by bigryrs
yeah fussy as fook mate! turkey is shit ha ha il have to have a look for protein shakes that wont bulk me up lol! i was buying from that myprotein website! what do you think of them??
ive started doin smaller weights 10kg dumbells instead of 20kg 3 sets of 15 etc and i dont drink any fizzy shit just loads of water or diluting juice!!
Yeah that protein you have is ideal as most are very low carb content anyway

Cant understand why your still a large boy then lol as you seem to eat pretty descent and drink clean etc.Maybe up the intensity of cv work? Hvae you ever done cv first thing in morning before eating anything? That burns fat best as you haveant any carb sources for energy then so body starts to use fat as fuel.Do atleast 40mins cv work with only water and can have a coffee 15mins before you do it with no milk or sugar for that lil bit extra burst of energy
Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Yeah that protein you have is ideal as most are very low carb content anyway

Cant understand why your still a large boy then lol as you seem to eat pretty descent and drink clean etc.Maybe up the intensity of cv work? Hvae you ever done cv first thing in morning before eating anything? That burns fat best as you haveant any carb sources for energy then so body starts to use fat as fuel.Do atleast 40mins cv work with only water and can have a coffee 15mins before you do it with no milk or sugar for that lil bit extra burst of energy
i eat healthy offshore but when im home it goes out the window lol im not overweight or anything just bulky muscle which needs stripped right down!! il try going to the gym first thing or going jogging first thing! ive got a good route back home so il give it a try when i get back!! the rollerblading must burn loads of calories as well