Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

loseing weight

Old 13-04-2009, 01:59 AM
stembo21
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default loseing weight

is there amy good things to help lose weight?

i have cut down on food but i ant got a clue lol i am also starting the gym soon as i want to get toned up am about 18 stone now.
Old 13-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

join a gym train properly every day and take a T5 if you can get them,the weight drops off
Old 13-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Shorty
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what i always say to anyone who wants to lose weight.

Eat less, do more.

Simple, do cardio exercise, running, exercise bike and eat less and the right things and in time you will see a difference.
Old 13-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I lost 2.5 stone by cutting my beer intake by 90%, stopping the snacks and eating smaller portions. I didn't even do any real exercise for the first month or so although I am now to tone up.
Just make sure what you do eat is healthy and if you really must snack make sure it's fruit or something similar. And drink plenty of water.
Old 13-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Whats a T5?
Old 13-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Maria.
Whats a T5?

Nah, T5 is basically just an intense dosage of the ECA stack, and not something I'd want to dabble in personally...

In fact, if ever I wanted to lose any weight, I'd just go on the Atkins diet. There are plenty of haters out there, but it's quick and it works. I like eating too much to ever go on a normal, long-term weight loss diet.

Last edited by Mike C; 13-04-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 13-04-2009, 10:48 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Little bit wrong with the T5 statement m8!!

T5's as said are basically the ECA stack in 1 tab but only normally have between 12/16mg Eph and 120/140mg caffeine and dunno about Aspirin.ECA stack is normally 60mg Eph 200mg Caffeine and 75mg Aspirin but ive never done it with Aspirin just Eph and Caffeine

Doing T5's save popping numerous tabs and just taking 1 tab at a time
Old 13-04-2009, 10:50 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mike C

In fact, if ever I wanted to lose any weight, I'd just go on the Atkins diet. There are plenty of haters out there, but it's quick and it works. I like eating too much to ever go on a normal, long-term weight loss diet.

Atkins is what I do to cut up. Do 10 days on 0 carbs then 2 weeks on no more than 12g's of carbs per day, then 1 month of no more than 20g's of carbs........... works wonders! Brings out the abs well. Eph' gives me the shakes, Clen's are better for less sides but diet is the key! Clen's do work well though, take the body to an average of 99.7-100.2f so can feel a bit feverish off it. Steer clear of the thyroid route, most of the T's are thyroid med's, not good as can mess your own levels up so when you stop your own levels have gone to pot.
Old 13-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by snedboy
Little bit wrong with the T5 statement m8!!

T5's as said are basically the ECA stack in 1 tab but only normally have between 12/16mg Eph and 120/140mg caffeine and dunno about Aspirin.ECA stack is normally 60mg Eph 200mg Caffeine and 75mg Aspirin but ive never done it with Aspirin just Eph and Caffeine

Doing T5's save popping numerous tabs and just taking 1 tab at a time
So there's a lower content in T5 then? I was led to believe it was higher, but I never looked that closely at dosages as I really don't like the idea of the ECA stack at all. Not that its effectiveness for weight fat burning is in doubt at all...
Old 13-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by godzilla
Atkins is what I do to cut up. Do 10 days on 0 carbs then 2 weeks on no more than 12g's of carbs per day, then 1 month of no more than 20g's of carbs........... works wonders!
That's very interesting as when I asked that question elsewhere about using the Atkins diet for cutting, no one supported it and said I was being stupid, lol. But my reasoning was that isn't the Atkins diet basically just a cutting diet taken to the extreme?

Do you find it difficult to train on so little carbs though? That must make you feel pretty shit and lacking in energy I'd have though 'cos those carb dosages seem pretty extreme!
Old 14-04-2009, 08:58 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mike C

Do you find it difficult to train on so little carbs though? That must make you feel pretty shit and lacking in energy I'd have though 'cos those carb dosages seem pretty extreme!
One of the most asked questions mate! Indeed it is hard to start with, first 4-5 days as thats when your body will be going into whats called ketosis. This is when your body will use your own fat stores as fuel. When you are feeding it with carbs it is using the carbs as fuel. What happens when you loose the carbs is the body thinks 'how can I get energy as no carbs are coming in?' So it turns to breaking down the stored fats in the body like the mid section, chest and use's all that fat as energy. One big trouble is when you drop the carbs the body will also break down muscle as fuel, so it is ultra important to keep protien levels high, I normally consume 350g of protien when on 0 carbs. This is easy as most of the foods you will be eating are meats, steak, chicken, turkey, tuna are all 0 carbs and very high in protien. You will also need good fats. Peanut butter, eat it straight from the jar, takes a bit of getting used to! A good multi-vit is essential as is drinking at least 8 pints a day, a must is to keep the body clean whislt on 0 carbs thus the high water amount!
Old 14-04-2009, 09:48 AM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

off topic but im glad your ok mate from your accident..

Old 14-04-2009, 10:57 AM
42Haya
Regular Contributor

I'm almost 16 Stone and 6ft 1(ish) .. I go to the gym usually 2 or 3 times a week and have been trying to loose a bit of weight and tone up (lots of cardio).

My arms and legs are toned which i'm happy withj but just can't loose any weight from my mid section. I've got quite a big chest and quite broad.

I'm going to take Paul's advise and go 0 Carb but keep the protein up to stop any muscle from getting used as fuel and see how this goes.

I eat alot of tuna (and thank god love peanut butter lol), not sure if anyones seen the John West Tuna light lunches, but i eat one of these a day. These contain 18.9 of protein and 22.6 of carbs, is this too much carbs and the reason why its taking a bit too long to loose weight from my mid section?
Old 14-04-2009, 11:08 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by bonus_boy
off topic but im glad your ok mate from your accident..

Thanks bud! I'm getting there slowly!

42Haya

I can do you a diet if you want and tell you the kind of symptoms you may experiance for the first 3-5 days of going 0 carb, nothing that bad, honest!!
Old 14-04-2009, 11:26 AM
42Haya
Regular Contributor

Thanks bud! I'm getting there slowly!

42Haya

I can do you a diet if you want and tell you the kind of symptoms you may experiance for the first 3-5 days of going 0 carb, nothing that bad, honest!!
Yeah that would be great! Anything is appreciated..
Old 14-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Mike C
The Special One

One of the most asked questions mate! Indeed it is hard to start with, first 4-5 days as thats when your body will be going into whats called ketosis. This is when your body will use your own fat stores as fuel. When you are feeding it with carbs it is using the carbs as fuel. What happens when you loose the carbs is the body thinks 'how can I get energy as no carbs are coming in?' So it turns to breaking down the stored fats in the body like the mid section, chest and use's all that fat as energy. One big trouble is when you drop the carbs the body will also break down muscle as fuel, so it is ultra important to keep protien levels high, I normally consume 350g of protien when on 0 carbs. This is easy as most of the foods you will be eating are meats, steak, chicken, turkey, tuna are all 0 carbs and very high in protien. You will also need good fats. Peanut butter, eat it straight from the jar, takes a bit of getting used to! A good multi-vit is essential as is drinking at least 8 pints a day, a must is to keep the body clean whislt on 0 carbs thus the high water amount!
Would you mind posting up your typical zero carb diet. Would be interested to see exactly what you eat! And also what type of carbs you introduce to stick to 12g and 20g

Zero carb seems well extreme. A man of your size can no doubt cope pretty well with that, but would your average person, or someone who does no training, just going on the Atkins diet because they're rather flabby?
Old 14-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I'm interested in this too, I can't get rid of the layer of flab on my belly no matter how little I eat or sit ups I do.
Old 14-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Although for all the carb haters, ive got men in my group ( Slimming world ) who have lost over 2st in 12 weeks, by eating a good mix of carbs and proteins.

Its about eating the right foods and not starving yourself, many of my members ONLY eat carbs ( vegetarians, so live on rice pasta potatoes lentils etc ) and lose good amounts on a weekly basis.

Sarah
Old 14-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

It'd be interesting to see a meal plan. To be honest my diet is pretty crap at the mo' so I'm getting some multi-vits in to try and keep a little bit healthier. I'm still on about 1500 calories a day and haven't lost any more weight in the last couple of weeks (currently 11 stones).
Old 21-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by -MAL-
It'd be interesting to see a meal plan. To be honest my diet is pretty crap at the mo' so I'm getting some multi-vits in to try and keep a little bit healthier. I'm still on about 1500 calories a day and haven't lost any more weight in the last couple of weeks (currently 11 stones).

Was that directed at me Mal? We dont do a meal plan, but you have free foods, healthy extras, and syns for treats.

Free foods on a green day would be - all veg, all fresh/frozen fruit, eggs, rice, pasta, potatoes, lentils, low fat dairy produce and veg proteins. Rice doesnt have to be wholegrain, neither does pasta.

Free foods on an original day would be most veg, all fresh/frozen fruit,eggs, fish, meat, ( not processed, all skin removed, not cooked in fat ) low fat dairy produce and veg proteins.

Healthy extras - milk and cheese, bread and cereals, meat and fish( if on a green day ), pasta and potatoes( if on an original day)

Syns - things like chocolate, crisps, alcohol, sauces, spreads all have a syn value, ie a pint of lager = 10 syns - you have 5-15 syns a day.

Last edited by Dicko&Vacant; 21-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 21-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Yeah it was hun. Cheers for that, it's food for thought (geddit ).

I'm gonna have to sit down and plan meals ahead so I don't get stuck for ideas, whereas at the mo' I forget and end up having just a slice of toast or a yogurt.

So far today I've had a slice of toast with jam and a toasted tea cake at work. But I've been shopping this afternoon and got a Moroccon salad cous cous thing for my tea and I'll have a yogurt after. I'm estimating all that's gonna be between 1500 - 2000 calories so today's a a good day.
Old 21-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

tea cakes and toast are empty cals though tbh, youd be better off with poached egg on wholegrain toast for brekky and some sort of salad with rice or pasta for dinner imo.
Old 27-04-2009, 06:47 AM
supersiamsports

Cytomix
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

guys i am 17 -18 stone go up and down , i am 27 ,6ft and well built, i will never be skiny but would like to loose a bit. i walk anywhere between 5-10 miles a day in my job and have two dogs i walk them 3-4 times a week, i walk them a few miles out for app 30, 40 min. i no i eat to much shit, chinkys chocolate etc need to cut that out but do yous think i should do more cardio exersise or is what i do enough, i used to do moto x and the weight stayed off then if only the wife let me get another bike lol
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Cut out the shit and do a bit of cardio and the weight will fall off. I just cut out the shit and didn't do any exercise and lost 2.5 stone in a couple of months.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:07 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

Cut out the shit and do a bit of cardio and the weight will fall off. I just cut out the shit and didn't do any exercise and lost 2.5 stone in a couple of months.
i lost 1 stone in 2 wks just eating better, i enjoy eating healthy but its easyer to phone a chinky when youv been busy all day and nite, or grab a bar of chocolate and crisps at lunch because u havny made pieces etc
Old 06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Oh yeah I know, but if you really want it you've gotta make sacrifices. You've proved you can do it so just make the decision.......
Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

Oh yeah I know, but if you really want it you've gotta make sacrifices. You've proved you can do it so just make the decision.......
just now i would have roll sausage for my breakfast about 10, lunch 1pm, roll cold meat some fruit, dinner spag ball, hamburgers chips, chicken and pasta, not all on same nite, lol then maba bar of chocolate, cake about 8, 9 at nite, couple choc biscuits ,how bads that ???
Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

You only need to take a look at yourself to answer that one fella. Don't eat after 6 at night, snack on fruit and try to have decent home made grub with reasonable sized portions.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

You only need to take a look at yourself to answer that one fella. Don't eat after 6 at night, snack on fruit and try to have decent home made grub with reasonable sized portions.
what kind of dinners do you think mate , i can cut out the shit , i used to eat flakes for breakfast , b4 i left for work, then a piece and some fruit at lunch and no snax but the dinner always fucked me up, i dont want to get pure skinny , i enjoy my food , but feal shity and tired when i eat crap!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I can't really talk because my diet is shit and I'm still trying to sort it out. By shit I mean still not eating enough, I haven't had owt to eat since about 3 this afternoon...
But a chicken breast, brown rice and veg for your tea is healthy. Try and find some low Gi recipes.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

I can't really talk because my diet is shit and I'm still trying to sort it out. By shit I mean still not eating enough, I haven't had owt to eat since about 3 this afternoon...
But a chicken breast, brown rice and veg for your tea is healthy. Try and find some low Gi recipes.
thanks mate
Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

You're welcome fella. Pester Sarah on here for some food ideas and Godzilla for exercise regimes.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

MAL- Haha im good for summat, although being a Slimming World consultant does help

eating after 6 isnt an issue, people who work nights eat during the night and not during the day so dont worry about what time you eat, its what your eating thats important.

Making your own chinese is quicker than ringing for one, ordering one, then going and picking one up and half the cost.

stuarth I think that you need to plan ahead, simple things like making an extra portion of meals like beef chilli, one pot casseroles etc and freezing it, can take it out before you go to work, and reheat it when you get home, takes about 5 mins
Old 08-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stuarth
just now i would have roll sausage for my breakfast about 10, lunch 1pm, roll cold meat some fruit, dinner spag ball, hamburgers chips, chicken and pasta, not all on same nite, lol then maba bar of chocolate, cake about 8, 9 at nite, couple choc biscuits ,how bads that ???

how about something like

Breakfast - grilled LEAN bacon and poached egg with mushrooms

Dinner - Chicken pasta or rice with mixed veg ( salad)

Tea - Chilli and Jacket potatoes, Spag bol with a side salad, chicken casserole with veg

Supper - 2 slices wholemeal with small amount of cheese, or a yoghurt and fruit?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I lost half a stone in 1 week because I lived on Chicken and Rice. No word of a lie. I've not long been out and bought a load of chicken and rice. Most boring meal ever, but it's working.

Benni.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Benni
I lost half a stone in 1 week because I lived on Chicken and Rice. No word of a lie. I've not long been out and bought a load of chicken and rice. Most boring meal ever, but it's working.

Benni.
Unfortunatly that wont be fat im affraid.have a read of following copy and paste

You have to consider how plausible a possibility this is. Anyone can lose a stone of weight in two weeks. There is a world of difference from that to losing a stone of fat in two weeks. What will the weight lost be? Fat, probably muscle tissue and a lot of water.

Here:

Just 1lb of fat is around 3500 stored calories (energy). So to lose 1lb of fat in 1 week you need to consume 3500 less calories in that week than you use up. Likewise, to lose 14lb (1 stone) of fat means you must ingest nearly 50,000 less calories than you use up over a two week period. Let's say that to maintain the same weight (maintenance calories) a guy needs 3000 caloiries per day. He must therefore consume 21,000 per week (and therefore 42,000 per 2 weeks) to stay the same weight. Do you see a problem emerging? I'm sure a 3 year old can see that you must not actually eat a single thing for 2 whole weeks, and still you will have a shortfall of 8,000 calories!!!

So, let's be realistic. When people say they've lost 5, 8, or 10lb in a week take it with a massive pinch of salt (though not too much as you'll hold a fair bit of water!). Sensible fat loss is measured in terms of 1, maybe 2lb loss per week - on a consistent basis. Of course, you may lose more weight in a week especially in the early stages as the diet is cleaned up and typically carbs are reduced which in turn reduces the body's water stores.

I hope this has cleared things up
Old 09-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Benni

Benni.
but unfortunately, 7lbs in 1 week will not be fat alone. Along with it will be water and muscle wastage.

You shouldnt be aiming to lose more than 1-2lbs a week over a course of time, as tbh it is very hard to lose more than that without losing water/muscle.

you dont need to be losing muscle mass, as the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism when your resting, therefore burning more calories off by simply sitting still.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I am weight training 5 days a week. So, without this chicken and rice diet my weight is statying the same. Is this because I am compensating the fat with muscle. Therefore, I am still loosing fat? Everyone says I look slimmer, but I am not on the scales.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 09-05-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

you will be losing fat and gaining muscle, so therefore your shape may change but the scales might not that much. Although 7lb in 1 week is a bit extreme.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: loseing weight