Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Diet advice for losing weight!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Leonrefresh
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diet advice for losing weight!

Alright guys..

First post after reading for a bit. Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on diet.

I've just had a 10 week period of inactivity due to an operation that had me unable to do any excercise (or much else for most of the time!!).

Anyway the long and short of it is due to both the period after and month leading up to the operation excercise wasn't an option and I have went from 14 stone to 16 and a half stone (The junk food I was consuming was frightening!!). I'm five foot 9 but have always had a huge span across my shoulders/back so always get away with being a wee bit heavier than most guys my height.

I'm not able to do any CV work just yet but have been back at the gym for a week or so getting back into my weights routine.

Today My likely food will consist of the following.

8am - Protein shake with skimmed milk

11am Cereal bar

1pm 150g cold chicken (Pre-packed from a supermarket)

5pm Protein shake

8.30/9pm Protein again post workout

10pm Beans on toast or scrambled egg on toast, 2 slices wholemeal bread

I'll probably be in bed about midnight.

The diet is just a temp measure until I get down to my ideal weight again but I'm not sure if theres enough in it.

Also taking 2 30mg ephidrine in the morning and pre-workout with a red bull type drink.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a start you should not be eating beans on toast before bed!!! up until then id say you were doing alright.

id perhaps have the beans on toast for breakfast and miss the first shake. unless your weight training hard i wouldnt say you need so many shakes. when you get into your CV an drop off the weight training you deffo wont.

im not dietian but know a reasonable ammount to do the job. when ive been on weight loss routines, all i do is eat high carb breakfast, medium carb lunch, low carb evening meal, with decent amounts of veg and fish, chicken and lean meat in there where ever possible. stay off the sugary foods and keep fat intake to an absolute minimum. either fruit or a tin of tuna as a snack depending on time of day (tuna in the evening, fruit earlier in the day). that with 40mins of hard cardio 4/5 times a week and a few weight routines has seen really good results for me.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Leonrefresh
Virgin

To be honest I've been just using the protein as I'm out and about and its just really handy to kill off the hunger.

If I change the way I structure my day I could probably get home at around five o clock to have something to eat before heading to the Gym around seven and have something lighter late on at night.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Another thing you should be doing is stop eating 5 hours before you go to sleep. Eating before you go to sleep will pile the weight on and you'll find it harder to lose. My dietitian has given me a strict diet to follow and so far so good. My Training Consists of 20mins cardio x2 each week, Monday Wednesday and Fridays weights, Abs i am near enough working everyday.

Diet wise its shredded wheat in the morning along with 2 egg whites, a Apple mid morning, Sandwich for lunch, protein bar/fruit mid afternoon and then any lean meat with salad or brown rice before 7pm. After 7pm relax and let your body digest food at its own pace before going to sleep. If you keep feeding yourself before going to sleep, you'll pile the weight on and you'll feel slugish in the morning.

Allow yourself 8 hours sleep max. And another thing is let go of the SUGAR. Sugar is what piles on the fat so no sugar even in tea.

My diet was planned for mainly toning my body as i'm a slim guy i don't want to lose weight and be a muscled with skinny arms. So my diet is mainly helping me tone my body out without losing weight. Which is why me doing so much cardio is useless as i'll just become very skinny again.

The idea is to find what works for you. Me and my Brother joined sixpacknow.com and followed their advice. They designed each of us a diet plan along with a workout for only £40. Its worth doing if your serious as you explain what it is you want to achieve and they design the diet according to your current weight and body shape.