Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Need motivation to get back to the gym after 2 weeks off!!

Old 19-05-2008, 08:00 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need motivation to get back to the gym after 2 weeks off!!

I got bad with my Crohns disease nearly 3 weeks ago and havn't been to the gym for over 2 weeks. I want to get back into going but i'm finding i've got no motivation as i'm trying to finish my escos rebuild, 205 track car and spend a little time with my wife too.

Give me some motivation guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is, when my guts are bad I can't take the creatine or the shakes etc as it makes me worse so training without any protien intake imo is pointless. I'm gonna try the shakes again tomoro and see what my stomach does then need to get back ASAP.

MUST GET BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry to read your unwell again Scott, hope it takes an upturn again real soon. #

On a motivational angle, i have had no damn time to go for nearly a montyh now, so today made the solid decision to get up at 6:30 instead of 7:30 and get my arse to the gym before breakfast. Hmm... not looking forward to this AT ALL.

But, if i dont push myself the weight will just pile back on relentlessly, this mast month has proven that to me.
Old 19-05-2008, 08:10 PM
boy_in_blue_x
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it not better to keep going to the gym during those two weeks as lifting without added protein is far more beneficial than not lifting for two weeks + it should keep you more motivated
Old 19-05-2008, 08:17 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
I got bad with my Crohns disease nearly 3 weeks ago and havn't been to the gym for over 2 weeks. I want to get back into going but i'm finding i've got no motivation as i'm trying to finish my escos rebuild, 205 track car and spend a little time with my wife too.

Give me some motivation guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is, when my guts are bad I can't take the creatine or the shakes etc as it makes me worse so training without any protien intake imo is pointless. I'm gonna try the shakes again tomoro and see what my stomach does then need to get back ASAP.

MUST GET BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must take it easy bud if your guts are playing up. Dont go heavy. Go in the gym for 15-20 mins, thats in and out. Do some simple barbell curls and maybe 4-5 reps 2 sets of bench press's. Drop the creatine for the mo' and stick with protien mixed with water. I would think anything that would be hard to break down would be harder on you, maybe try a few egg whites? Will look into this now and see if I can come up with a good diet for you.

Dont worry though mate.....all is not lost. If your not feeling well dont push yourself, your arms wont go from pythons to grass snakes over night!!
Old 19-05-2008, 08:27 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks guys, good thing is that my consultant has put me on a reducing course of prednisolone steroids so my guts are cool again now

Just need to get back into it.

Been thinking about going early morning but thought that it wouldn't be good as you'll have had no breakfast and any creatine supplement wouldn't be through your system in enough time ie: 20 mins for it to be of any use at the gym? Or am I wrong??

Have just got some Pro gainer carb and protein mix as I was on just 100% whey. Guy I know said that if I want bulk I need more carbs and calories.
Old 19-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dude....sounds like your on the mend anyway which is good.

But just because you cant take protein isnt the be all and end all of doing the weights...remember they are only there as a 'supplement' to your diet. If you cant stomach the shakes why dont you find other sources of high protein that you can stomach....chicken, cottage cheese, peanut butter, quark etc etc and eat more of this as a substitute for the supplement for the time being.

Also the rest might actually of done you good as well - I find a week or so off now & again does wonders for me - gives me much more time to recover.

Godzillas advice sounds good tho - get yourself back to the gym - even if you're only doing lightweights as its getting you back into the routine which is sometimes the hard bit to overcome as Stu said!!!

Good luck mate!!
Old 19-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott you sound motivated enough, just not enough time in the day?
Pack your gym bag the night before set your alarm and go for it.
If your anything like me then the routine and being in the gym is more important for now than what you do when your there. Once the routine is back then you'll end up maximising your workouts in a few sessions anyhow, hopefully that will tie in with you being back to full fitness too. You've man strengh curry's to look forward to aswell
Have you thought about creatine serum? I used it a number of years back, worked ok & the instructions advised taking it prior to excercise.
It must have looked a bit strange me sitting with a glass pipete drip in my mouth sitting in the car in the carpark prior to going into the gym.
Haul ass and get back

Last edited by Andy_R; 19-05-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 19-05-2008, 11:11 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah Andy, I can only stomach the baby curries but Dingo had the madras and I tasted a bit......fook me dunno how ya's can eat them!!!

Gonna go back tomoro for deffo!!
Old 20-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Yawn... off to teh gym half asleep. Hmm...
Old 20-05-2008, 08:08 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL @ Stu, let me know how you get on with regards to energy levels training in the morning mate.
Old 20-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Was fooking great actually!

No knobheads in there, that was the first bonus!!

No Que's for equipment, that was the second bonus!!

Energy was a little low, but i still managed to get through my full 45 min routine with no dramas and i am sat at work feeling rather alert this morning. Good times, will give this a try longterm and see how i get on. Plan to keep on the martial arts 4x a week too at nights, so this should mean i start to lose weight and improve cardio fitness faster than i ever have done because ive always done either/or not both, as ive never had time to do both.
Old 20-05-2008, 08:16 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Been having a good search through the internet bud. I found this and thought it may help.

I have deleted all the foods that wont help, ie not muscle builders. So far it has left us with this diet. I will look into it further today in some of my old medical books and see what else you can eat during a flare up.

Grain Products:

enriched refined white bread, buns, bagels, english muffins
plain cereals e.g. Cheerios, Cornflakes, Rice Krispies, Special K, plain melba toast, white rice, refined pasta and noodles.

Fruits:

fruit juices, banana, apple

Vegetables:

potatoes (no skin)
well-cooked and tender vegetables including alfalfa sprouts, beets, green/yellow beans, carrots, celery, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushrooms, green/red peppers, squash, zucchini

Meat and Protein Choice:

well-cooked, tender meat, fish and eggs
Old 20-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Was fooking great actually!

No knobheads in there, that was the first bonus!!

No Que's for equipment, that was the second bonus!!

Energy was a little low, but i still managed to get through my full 45 min routine with no dramas and i am sat at work feeling rather alert this morning. Good times, will give this a try longterm and see how i get on. Plan to keep on the martial arts 4x a week too at nights, so this should mean i start to lose weight and improve cardio fitness faster than i ever have done because ive always done either/or not both, as ive never had time to do both.
I went to the gym for 5 weeks at 6:30am for 40mins cardio as well as going in the evening to do the weights.

I agree it does make you more awake & alert after doing this.

Will probably do it again at some point when work has settled down a bit!!
Old 22-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Did you do it Scott??? Did you go? howd you get on?
Old 22-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Defo seems like you're relying on shakes and creatine too much. You should be training whether you are taking them or not. They only add to a good diet. Forget the crap and go train. Hope you are still well on the mend!
Old 22-05-2008, 10:19 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers guys but unfortunately havn't had the chance...........FOOKIN COSSIE rebuild is taking up ALL my time at the minute

Schools are off from tomoro so I don't have to take my stepson to school for a couple of weeks so i'm gonna go early mornings from Monday.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:31 AM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sorry to hear your unwell mate. I got back from honeymoon to find I`ve no job, so I cant afford the luxuries of creatine and protein shake. I`ve been getting on well and still gaining just through my eating. Just stick at it and if you dont feel up to it, don`t worry just do what you can. Good luck.
Old 27-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, Good luck mate. If your cars taking the most time, Is it really that important over your health?

I'd cut time on the car personally and try get some gym time, You said it yourself that you haven't been for 2 weeks....

Originally Posted by godzilla
Been having a good search through the internet bud. I found this and thought it may help.

I have deleted all the foods that wont help, ie not muscle builders. So far it has left us with this diet. I will look into it further today in some of my old medical books and see what else you can eat during a flare up.

Grain Products:

enriched refined white bread, buns, bagels, english muffins
plain cereals e.g. Cheerios, Cornflakes, Rice Krispies, Special K, plain melba toast, white rice, refined pasta and noodles.

Fruits:

fruit juices, banana, apple

Vegetables:

potatoes (no skin)
well-cooked and tender vegetables including alfalfa sprouts, beets, green/yellow beans, carrots, celery, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushrooms, green/red peppers, squash, zucchini

Meat and Protein Choice:

well-cooked, tender meat, fish and eggs

Old 27-05-2008, 03:55 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well, been back to the gym and had a good workout. Strength is down a little bit but thats to be expected after 3 or so weeks off.

Changed my routine a bit on advice from a pal who's HUGE!!

Doing :

Chest & Triceps
Biceps & Back
Shoulders & Traps.

See how I get on with this routine.

Started on my new shakes today too and have to say that other than having a bit wind that is normal, I seem to be fine which is a good sign.
Old 27-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good man, a couple of sessions under your belt and you'll be right back into it again, enjoy
Old 27-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Andy said