Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Raw eggs in a shake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Nobby_Turbocabby
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raw eggs in a shake?

ive been adding these into my diet for the past week and was unsre if they are good for me or not ive jut run out of whey powder and am having 2 egg whites per shake upto 3x a day is this a good replacment for whey powder?? help!??!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love eggs, I eat loads!

The RDA (recommended daily allowance) for cholesterol intake is about 300, eggs are 260 (ish)

Providing you're on a low carb diet, you'll be fine. The protein intake is roughly 100g - 130g a day for the average human.

The egg has the most complete souce of protein, Egg whites have 3g or 4g of protein in, so you should be fine (yolk has the same in protein, but also has fat in!)

You'll get the shits though as your body will want to reject the extra protein as its not used to it, but once its settled, you'll be fine.

HTH
Old 07-04-2008, 09:16 PM
robocos
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure that to obtain all the goodness from eggs they have to be cooked. In fact I think they contain salmomella when they are raw so probably not a good idea to eat them that way.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by robocos
I'm pretty sure that to obtain all the goodness from eggs they have to be cooked. In fact I think they contain salmomella when they are raw so probably not a good idea to eat them that way.
Most of the goodness goes out of eggs when they're cooked! Raw eggs are the perfect 10/10 on the protein scale

and virtually all eggs nowadays come with the lion stamp on, which guarantees the hens are injected against Salmonella

On another forum, there's a keen bodybuilder who has had 16 raw eggs a day for over 30 years, and he doesn't really have anything else to supplement with it. And he's a man-mountain!

For a few months now I've been having 12 raw eggs a day on my training days, and 8 on my rest days

And I've gained 3 stone since september
Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
stevecossy
PassionFord Regular

Yeah they are good raw, as said i used to down between 10 and 20 a day when i was bulking. And that was evan when the big samonella scare was out and they said dont take raw.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:02 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Think what Robocos is referring to is there are quite a few studies suggest you can't fully absorb the protein in raw egg whites (seen figures of 50-65% absorbtion) but ppl always argue that point.

Whole eggs are where its at though, not just whites, the amino profile without the yoke is shit and although the fat is in the yoke its not bad fat.

Run out of protein at the mo so I'm having 6 whole eggs a day for breakfast.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
Think what Robocos is referring to is there are quite a few studies suggest you can't fully absorb the protein in raw egg whites (seen figures of 50-65% absorbtion) but ppl always argue that point.

Whole eggs are where its at though, not just whites, the amino profile without the yoke is shit and although the fat is in the yoke its not bad fat.

Run out of protein at the mo so I'm having 6 whole eggs a day for breakfast.
spot on mate,egg white and yolk contain all the amino acids the body needs,just egg whites doesnt,though you can replace these with supplements

also correct,raw eggs cant be fully absorbed,thats why cooked eggs are better than raw,not sayin raw eggs is useless but you could take 12 raw eggs equal to 8 cooked eggs
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Morning.....12 egg whites and 6 yolks. This followed by a bowl of oats with semi-skim milk. How I built myself up back in the day!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Godzilla your a monster, f**k trying to eat that in the morning. I eat the oats and thats about it cause I roll out of bed about 15minutes before work.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by godzilla
Morning.....12 egg whites and 6 yolks. This followed by a bowl of oats with semi-skim milk. How I built myself up back in the day!
thats what i do,half the yolk compared to whites,though at 5am in the morning id boke,i take about 8 eggs in the afternoon,even then its fuckin hard
Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
robocos
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by JamboRST
spot on mate,egg white and yolk contain all the amino acids the body needs,just egg whites doesnt,though you can replace these with supplements

also correct,raw eggs cant be fully absorbed,thats why cooked eggs are better than raw,not sayin raw eggs is useless but you could take 12 raw eggs equal to 8 cooked eggs
That's what I should have written! At least I knew what I meant
Old 10-04-2008, 03:25 AM
robocos
Regular Contributor

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080409/2/16f6g.html

Food for thought?

Or Eggsageration?